Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today, day 535 since ordering.

Plaid / Blue / White / 20” Wheels
I changed from a Long Range to a Plaid 15 days ago. I find it hard not to believe that influenced the delivery date.

Car is perfect - no issues to report. Has tilt display, has mobile charger, no key fobs (I have them on order already).

Delivery was at the Lynwood WA service center - they unlocked the car for me and told me to take as much time as I needed before clicking agree in the app. Everything is quick and easy.

Attachments

• C757D305-C91E-4468-B510-D52013E506F5.jpeg
    C757D305-C91E-4468-B510-D52013E506F5.jpeg
    755.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 81B41482-93BB-4D2C-84A5-E68C8EEB2C03.jpeg
    81B41482-93BB-4D2C-84A5-E68C8EEB2C03.jpeg
    653.4 KB · Views: 81

I changed from a Long Range to a Plaid 15 days ago. I find it hard not to believe that influenced the delivery date.

Car is perfect - no issues to report. Has tilt display, has mobile charger, no key fobs (I have them on order already).

Delivery was at the Lynwood WA service center - they unlocked the car for me and told me to take as much time as I needed before clicking agree in the app. Everything is quick and easy.
Looks awesome. Glad you went plaid? White interior glare/reflection an issue?

Just wondering if any newer orders have received the hold or just the May/June 21 orders. I'm thinking it's a way to filter out those who maybe can't afford it right now, don't want to take delivery yet for xyz reason etc. Automatically hold it and if you want it go ahead hit ready. I would guess this means your vin is expected in the next 1-2 months. Who knows total speculation but would make sense.

Reactions: 1pinhigh

Congrats! What was the price difference? (I have a similar order date but EDD is a ways off)

Just wondering if any newer orders have received the hold or just the May/June 21 orders. I'm thinking it's a way to filter out those who maybe can't afford it right now, don't want to take delivery yet for xyz reason etc. Automatically hold it and if you want it go ahead hit ready. I would guess this means your vin is expected in the next 1-2 months. Who knows total speculation but would make sense.
My July 2021 order was placed on hold last week. I immediately took it off hold

Reactions: timberlights

Awesome and congrats. My same build except I went with cream. “Perfect” is what I’m hoping for as well.

Question for people already taken delivery - what floor mats are you using? Thinking about getting the front mats from Tesla and rear from Weathertech, as the review for the Weathertech front mats are not so good. Any suggestions?

Also saw many discussions regarding PPF, never heard of it until I got my Model 3, seems like the Tesla community is “obsessed” with it… been driving my red Model 3 in DFW for almost 4 years now, never noticed any rock chip. maybe I just didn’t care enough?
By far the best mats I have ever had were the 3D Maxpider in my 2019 X. Unfortunately they don't fit the 2022 .Have called and emailed multiple times to find out when available . If any fans have intel on availability please holler.

I’m feeling this sentiment as well… June 21 order; latest EDD is Dec 22 - Apr 23. I sense that they want me to cancel and order something else.
Given that there is a $30k price difference between my order and the same car ordered today, I can understand why.

Have started looking at both MY and the BMW X5 45e— both seem to be <2 months out, but also not what I had hoped for at this point.
I'd be curious to know if orders placed after the price updates are also getting the "Hold" communications. If they aren't, this is clearly an attempt by Tesla to cancel older, less profitable orders, rather than fulfill them.

I'd be curious to know if orders placed after the price updates are also getting the "Hold" communications. If they aren't, this is clearly an attempt by Tesla to cancel older, less profitable orders, rather than fulfill them.
I don't blame them if this is their objective - they're taking a pretty significant margin hit on legacy orders.

I don't blame them if this is their objective - they're taking a pretty significant margin hit on legacy orders.
I get it, however, the order process, lack of communications, lack of transparency and outright lies with customers has been a complete turn off for me. Pretty sure this is my first and last Tesla. At this stage I have too much invested to walk away, which I'm sure is how many of us are feeling. It's really too bad that they treat customers the way they do as the product is obviously very good. You can see it any day you're out on the road. It's unfortunate that Tesla so over-promised and under-delivered the refreshed X!

You know I did for 3.5 years, but recently kept getting overheat messages and slow charging (16amps vs 32) on my Model 3. Checked connections, they were fine. Kept getting the messages. so I changed the 14-50 out to a Tesla Wall charger. Problem solved, and now charges at 48 amps. I've read the 14-50 outlets can go bad over time.

It is 100% this. Funny: I posted about this in this forum a few months ago and was completely dismissed. Now Tesla is really trying to shed less profitable deliveries. FWIW Tesla does read this forum frequently, so the are unlikely to try to screw us given we are on to this.

Reactions: Elixir and 1pinhigh
I get it, however, the order process, lack of communications, lack of transparency and outright lies with customers has been a complete turn off for me. Pretty sure this is my first and last Tesla. At this stage I have too much invested to walk away, which I'm sure is how many of us are feeling. It's really too bad that they treat customers the way they do as the product is obviously very good. You can see it any day you're out on the road. It's unfortunate that Tesla so over-promised and under-delivered the refreshed X!
To be clear, I completely agree with you and share your frustration/disgust with Tesla's overall approach to the ordering, production, and delivery process, particularly with regards to communications (or lack thereof). All I'm saying is that I can understand why they want to ensure everyone waiting actually still wants their car. This forum isn't necessarily representative of the overall book of orders for the refreshed MX - we're all pretty fanatical in that we're actively discussing a product we haven't received yet, for months and even a year+. It stands to reason there are people waiting who placed an order on a whim and forgot about it, and this culling process could actually benefit those of us who are anxiously awaiting our vehicles by reducing the number of orders before us if the customer has already moved on or purchased another vehicle.

To be clear, I completely agree with you and share your frustration/disgust with Tesla's overall approach to the ordering, production, and delivery process, particularly with regards to communications (or lack thereof). All I'm saying is that I can understand why they want to ensure everyone waiting actually still wants their car. This forum isn't necessarily representative of the overall book of orders for the refreshed MX - we're all pretty fanatical in that we're actively discussing a product we haven't received yet, for months and even a year+. It stands to reason there are people waiting who placed an order on a whim and forgot about it, and this culling process could actually benefit those of us who are anxiously awaiting our vehicles by reducing the number of orders before us if the customer has already moved on or purchased another vehicle.
Exactly! There are bad things in life, but often times there is a win-win out there. Assume positive intent and you will live longer and be happier. It has been a year+ for me, but I still can't wait for the delivery of my starship. (Okay, the wife's starship...)

You know I did for 3.5 years, but recently kept getting overheat messages and slow charging (16amps vs 32) on my Model 3. Checked connections, they were fine. Kept getting the messages. so I changed the 14-50 out to a Tesla Wall charger. Problem solved, and now charges at 48 amps. I've read the 14-50 outlets can go bad over time.
Ok so I am actually experiencing this currently. Same exact issue charging at 16amps instead of 32. Keep getting over heating message. A friend of mine has a new 14-50 connector plug and is letting me borrow it. I never have an issue with his. But when I plug mine in I get the overheat message, and boy is it hot! I wonder if it is actually the 14-50 connector vs the outlet.