Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks; appreciate the insight. He just confirms it’s Romex 6 awg. He was going to come back and put in a 60a breaker but given what you said, it was “THNN” that would be fine. I had to lose that extra 8A but you’re saying 6 awg Romex wire (is that a type of wire?) will not be enough to work with a 60a breaker to supply 48a to my X?

I suppose the poor guy didn’t really know if 60a was required etc. He did say he’d done this before etc.
6awg in Romex I'm 99% sure isn't up to code to be able to carry 48a contiguous. While it CAN carry 48a, there is a fire hazard chance, albeit slight at the short runs consumers are using for car charging in their garages.

You do have a permit/county inspector on board to inspect the work, right?

Great to hear! My ny delivery is set for 14th the day before I leave for vacay. Did you speak to local delivery center? If it gets pushed I may also be in trouble as I’m out for 10 days.
I called the (888) ‍518-3752 but the woman I spoke to kept referencing how Mt. Kisco has a small parking lot which is why they don't like to keep cars on it for too long and that they tend to be flexible there especially for Model X customers. She seemed knowledgable about Mt. Kisco, so I trust her...for now lol

I called the (888) ‍518-3752 but the woman I spoke to kept referencing how Mt. Kisco has a small parking lot which is why they don't like to keep cars on it for too long and that they tend to be flexible there especially for Model X customers. She seemed knowledgable about Mt. Kisco, so I trust her...for now lol
Haha. Mine is the huge one on Long Island, so perhaps I’m good.
Good luck on your trip!

Reactions: nBar5EV1
There is something wierd on Eu pricing of Teslas, at least in Finland.
On ice engine cars we have been used to have here stupidly expencive cars here, like 911gt3 pricing start fron 266k€ exclude 24% taxes.

Now Tesla pricing Us vs Finland including only fsd excluding state taxes.

Model 3 rwd 59990 ----------
Model 3 LR 69990 58990
Model 3 performance 74990 62100

Model Y LR 77990 60900
Model Y performance 81990 66000

Model S LR 116990 -----------
Model S Plaid 147990 116600

Model X LR 132990 -----------
Model X Plaid 150990 125000

And when i put my order in october 2021, Model X was cheaper than Model S plaid by some 5k€ and

OD 6/21, LR, 5 seat, W/W, 20"

With my EDD settling (for now) at 8/30-10/4 and chances to get the car both at end of Q1 and Q2. I am expecting another VIN at end of Q3. Which also aligns with the current VIN assignments (May, June order from east coast).

So for you that are in west coast and ordered before me, dont lose hope!

Reactions: Kitt9000
Here you go! Looks pretty good with one spot on the front left fender that's been circled. I took a close up of the spot.
Me again!

Picked up today! Near mint!

Ten thousand thumbs down on my SA's lack of talking me down from that ledge over the fender mess up. They said it'd be fine but didn't respond to my two separate requests to take pics of the repair before I spent the 4 hours driving there.

It was all for not though and the bad SA taste is already forgotten.

I arrived early to my appt. They weren't supposed to unlock the car for me until I accept but the lady must have taken pitty on me and she said "well, for an X I'll unlock it" :)

Spent the next 45 min in the 100 degree full blazing humid Missouri sun crawling around the X. :)

The rep inside said they sell around 20 cars a day and 70 during the EOQ rush. Oof.

Whatever they did, I can't find a trace of the fender issue.
29590431160576387428.jpg

04738714840488492948.jpg

Only 5 issues, two big enough for me to schedule service.

1. Both FWD aren't opening all the way. Dunno if that's a calibration or setting thing. To be continued.

2. Slight 8 inch line scratch in the lower bumper lip. Pretty sure I can buff it out.

3. Slight wrinkles in the 3rd row leather. Not enough for me to really care.

4. The driver side window trim is to gappy for my taste. It shows some foam behind it and I can't push it back onto the body.
04712929367545027480.jpg

5. The issue we've seen before with the backup gear selector overlay being derpy.
80214412078259295556.jpg

I've already scheduled a service appointment for 4 and 5 and they are coming to my house on Monday morning to address :)

The car definitely needs a proper detail but I'm pretty far beyond satisfied.

These vented seats are amazing! My swamp arse felt like it was sitting on a block of ice. I couldn't stop saying "THIS IS AMAZING!!!" to my wife.

We've only driven around downtown KC with 35mph speed limits so I haven't really been able to go crazy. However I did punch it a few times from 35mph and I was at 60mph in the blink of an eye. It almost hurts. I was immediately going "wow dammmm" to my wife. A definite performance improvement from my Model 3 Performance. Can't wait to get it on the highway tomorrow on the drive home.

The stress and wait is worth it. Stay strong my fellow EDDers!