Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On an unrelated note, from what I've been reading, the MSRP cap on EVs that qualify for the new EV tax credit (assuming this bill makes it to the president's desk largely unchanged from the Senate) doesn't kick in until January 1st, meaning MS/MX are presumably eligible through EOY. What I can't find is when the individual/joint income caps kick in (is it immediate or also January 1st?).

Curious if anyone's found anything definitive here - I know a lot of companies are taking steps to lock in eligible orders before EOY by having customers sign binding purchase agreements, for example. In part this is to circumvent the North American final assembly requirement.

Edit: Sounds like it's irrelevant because Tesla's been over the 200k vehicle cap and that doesn't lift until 2023. Boo.

Just checking back in with the group. Got my car June 25. Waited 517 days. I thought to myself, I’m sure Tesla is now pouring these things out as a friend ordered a MXP two weeks ago and got a VIN in 12 hours! Then to read the last few pages of the thread and find out that there are still a few of my fellow January 2021 orders still not fulfilled is the biggest pile of Tesla BS I’ve ever heard. Makes me absolutely furious.

Just checking back in with the group. Got my car June 25. Waited 517 days. I thought to myself, I’m sure Tesla is now pouring these things out as a friend ordered a MXP two weeks ago and got a VIN in 12 hours! Then to read the last few pages of the thread and find out that there are still a few of my fellow January 2021 orders still not fulfilled is the biggest pile of Tesla BS I’ve ever heard. Makes me absolutely furious.
MXP's get to jump the line, that's been well established

On an unrelated note, from what I've been reading, the MSRP cap on EVs that qualify for the new EV tax credit (assuming this bill makes it to the president's desk largely unchanged from the Senate) doesn't kick in until January 1st, meaning MS/MX are presumably eligible through EOY. What I can't find is when the individual/joint income caps kick in (is it immediate or also January 1st?).

Curious if anyone's found anything definitive here - I know a lot of companies are taking steps to lock in eligible orders before EOY by having customers sign binding purchase agreements, for example. In part this is to circumvent the North American final assembly requirement.

Edit: Sounds like it's irrelevant because Tesla's been over the 200k vehicle cap and that doesn't lift until 2023. Boo.

Yeah. From what I have read the new bill doesn't kick in at all until 2023. There is some provisions for 2022 orders that aren't delivered until 2023, but it doesn't matter. MS\MX will never be eligible for this new EV tax credit due to being over the 50\80k MSRP cap, and they are not eligible for the existing EV tax credit due to Tesla hitting the 200k unit cap a long time ago. The only things they might qualify for are any local incentives that you might have.

MXP's get to jump the line, that's been well established
Yeah, wait times on MXP are MUCH shorter than the LRs. However, it is also extremely variable because they are starting to get inventory of MXPs, so if you get lucky, or are flexible on configuration then you could get it within days or weeks of ordering. Some people are still waiting 6 months for their specific MXP config.

I have a Cybertruck pre-order as well. I just looked at the Reservation Tracker Google Sheet, looks like even though I ordered on November 22nd (the day after the unveiling) my reservation position is somewhere in the mid hundred thousands. How about yours? I'm guessing that my yet-to-be-delievered Model X will be quite old by the time my Cybertruck shows up. Elon might already be on Mars by then 😅
I ordered mine probably seconds after the site came live.