Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A cashiers check works fine. Does not need to certified.

We purchased a MY last year for my wife and we paid via a personal check (no financing). My pick-up for my MX is scheduled for this Monday, August 15 in Devon PA. I financed a portion (about $80K) through a local credit union (PPFCU). The Credit Union cut the check for the whole amount. I told what I was doing to my SA and they noted on the payment page that $80K was financed. I assume they did this since the title will be in the name of the Bank. My SA told me to bring the check to the pick-up appointment.

I selected Cash and then when I got the VIN sent a text to my SA telling them I was doing some 3rd party financing. See my post directly above.
I replied to the "your VIN is now assigned" text message this morning but no response yet :(

I also don't seem to have a SA. Was not able to reach any human since ordering

UPDATE: Called 510-249-3500 and was able to reach a nice guy who helped me switch this

Last edited:
Reactions: Elixir
"Originally placed MXLR 22/FSD/W/W on May 25, 2021. It was taking too long so I placed another order for same config for a Plaid on April 17, 2022. I wanted to see which one will be ready first and also my wife could take the MXLR if anything. Got a VIN for the Plaid 2wks ago and picking it up on 8/15. Got a VIN for the MXLR yesterday"
This is baffling.
I ordered similar configuration 3 months earlier (Feb 2021) and my EDD is still late October to late December. Can't figure out how they schedule their production.
How many orders do you have? The spreadsheet shoes a March '21 plaid MSM\Cream that was delivered March '22. Do you have four different MX orders?

That is for Model S, correct?
Yes, they are all MS Plaid. It has been like this since last quarter. Kind a dumb planning keep making these cars instead of MXs.

1660332053683.png

• Love
Reactions: Elixir
We purchased a MY last year for my wife and we paid via a personal check (no financing). My pick-up for my MX is scheduled for this Monday, August 15 in Devon PA. I financed a portion (about $80K) through a local credit union (PPFCU). The Credit Union cut the check for the whole amount. I told what I was doing to my SA and they noted on the payment page that $80K was financed. I assume they did this since the title will be in the name of the Bank. My SA told me to bring the check to the pick-up appointment.
So the bank bought the car? That sure sounds funny. Normally the bank is shown as a lien holder, but the title is in your name only

Wow. I can't even begin to express my thanks for everyone associated with this thread. It has been a daily source of distraction, entertainment and therapy as I've waited for my X. Wanting is better than having, right?

Woke up this morning to FINALLY having a VIN!!!

From and including: Friday, May 14, 2021
To, but not including Friday, August 12, 2022

Result: 455 days​

It is 455 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 1 year, 2 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Or 14 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Alternative time units​

455 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 39,312,000 seconds
  • 655,200 minutes
  • 10,920 hours
  • 455 days
  • 65 weeks
  • 124.66% of a common year (365 days)
View attachment 840079
Man, way longer than 525,600 minutes. Congrats!

Reactions: Hebert and EV3_
So the bank bought the car? That sure sounds funny. Normally the bank is shown as a lien holder, but the title is in your name only
I was not precise in my wording and this varies from state to state (although most States follow the UCC). Yes, the title will be in my name, BUT in Pennsylvania: (i) the title will note the existence of the lien; and (ii) my Bank will have physical possession of the title document in order for them to "perfect" their lien. Getting a lien and perfecting a lien are not the same. Hope this helps.

I was not precise in my wording and this varies from state to state (although most States follow the UCC). Yes, the title will be in my name, BUT in Pennsylvania: (i) the title will note the existence of the lien; and (ii) my Bank will have physical possession of the title document in order for them to "perfect" their lien. Getting a lien and perfecting a lien are not the same. Hope this helps.
That is exactly how it works in my state as well.

Just an update on this. I called Tesla yesterday and spoke with a very nice woman who was able to help me. I explained the situation to her and she totally understood. Immediately scheduled me for delivery the day after I return (Aug 18). She also mentioned she filled my account with notes that are explaining my situation and to basically not change this delivery date and if someone has questions or problems with the EDD to call her directly.

Not sure what her position is or if she was just being nice to me, but she made me feel much better about taking delivery. Praying to the Tesla gods that someone doesnt try to contact me next week while I am away saying I have to accept delivery now or my X is gone. So we will see. Hoping my Aug 18 delivery day holds while I'm away!
Never thought I’d be checking TMC while on my honeymoon (LOL) but after getting my delivery successfully switched to the 18th, I got a vague email today saying that one of the wheels was damaged in transit and that a new one won’t arrive till Aug 21. Of course my delivery window is while I am away again. I am literally home for 3 days after my honeymoon before leaving the country again and they want me to accept delivery while I’m away. It’s like the universe is trying to tell me I shouldn’t be in possession of a Model X!

Picking up car tomorrow finally after 16 m wait! Any recommend for non- Tesla apps to download? Any other advice!

Thank you all for the epic journey from Jan ‘21 through May ‘21 when I joined TMC into today. Been here since the very beginning!
Stats app is supposedly good

But I’m spending enough money on Roblox subscriptions for the kids 😝

Actually there are some watch apps (especially with a cellular Apple Watch) that I’d like but none seem to support FWD remote control. 😕