Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pickup appointment is for Wednesday but I was able to go view the car on Saturday as it was sitting in the lot. I found 2 issues with paint. 1st was a rock chip right behind the FWD on driver side. 2nd was a black mark on the white paint which could be removed when they clean the vehicle but not sure. Has anyone else had a similar issue like this?

Should I accept delivery or reject because when I messaged the Tesla rep he stated it’s still undergoing inspection and this issue can be fixed after delivery within 100 miles or 24 hours and can’t be fixed before delivery.

Wrap installers are thinking like ultimate car fanatics.

We got our Y wrapped and ceramic’d and take it weekly to a car wash with brushes. Oh and I did neither for my X and I’m using the car wash too (yeah I should get ceramic lol).

It.
Is.
Fine.

Yes at the end of the year there are fine swirls in the ceramic if you look closely, but so what. You get a touch up ceramic coating if you are bothered!

Also: touchless car washes use very high powered water jets which are more likely to damage paint, AND very high alkalinity soaps which likewise are more likely to damage paint. Source: Google. lol but seriously.

Wrap installers think everybody should spend a couple hours every week hand polishing their cars because people who wrap cars are of course entitled sons of barons with no responsibilities and have no concept of working to survive. lol but who has time for that (cue “Ain’t nobody got time for DAT!”) 😄🫥
I’m thinking I just do a ceramic and then whatever the hell is convenient for the car wash

Facts. Good to hear first hand a regular wash is fine. I don’t care much for babying my car but my current car (2008) is scratched all over and I’d like to keep the X in nice shape.

Swirl marks don’t bother me. I’m not planning on entering detailing competitions.
Similar thinking. Obviously want to keep it nice don’t want to do something stupid but not going to treat it like it belongs in a museum.

MSM LR 6 seat 20” white interior

Ordered: 5/17/21
Trade-in text: 7/20/22
Left factory text/vin: 7/30/22
Schedule delivery text: 8/4/22

Got text on 8/11/22 that I could move up delivery, but I was out of town, and tried to bump it up one day. But they stopped responding.

Went by the store this evening to check it out. Everything looks great, just one tiny bit of glue that’s visible. It was really nice to be able to take my time, and look everything over. Exterior only. My delivery is at my home, so I don’t want to feel rushed.

I love my current 17X but this will be a nice upgrade.

Looked at all of the other X’s on site and all were six seaters and only one other was white interior, no cream.

Also they had two roadsters, which see one was a first for me.

Attachments

• 86258B17-B694-4DEF-B5B0-F6CE1A307AE6.jpeg
    86258B17-B694-4DEF-B5B0-F6CE1A307AE6.jpeg
    953.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 407555C7-44CE-424F-91F0-47B776F1A2FA.jpeg
    407555C7-44CE-424F-91F0-47B776F1A2FA.jpeg
    848.7 KB · Views: 84
I was called by Tesla today to see if I wanted to take delivery of a white/white 22s LR 6 seat X today that had sustained a large dent during transport and would be fixed prior to delivery. We have a MSM/cream 20 6 seat on order for past 14 months. Decided to pass, but appreciate the call and hope another suitable vehicle may come available sooner than my Oct-nov EDD.
I’m curious what others would have done in this scenario? Wait it out, or accept a car that had been rejected due to dent that would be repaired before delivery?
I’m pretty sure I made right decision, but pained me to say no after all this time.

I’m curious what others would have done in this scenario? Wait it out, or accept a car that had been rejected due to dent that would be repaired before delivery?
I’m pretty sure I made right decision, but pained me to say no after all this time.
I might say yes if it was the exact configuration I ordered and with a discount of some sort.

But seems the configuration was different, I wouldn’t settle.

I think it would depend on if they were replacing the panel or doing a repair. Repainted parts just don't have the same durability as factory painted parts (this comes from my FIL who painted cars for many years). Also, the fact that it was a totally different config is really weird. They must be desperate.

OK, all of you waiting for your Tesla Model X, check out this new video for you EV Adopters.
In today's video we are focused on One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking. We demonstrate One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking and we discuss how it can extend your range. We also highlight how you can save money on maintenance with One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking. Please take a look!

❤️

This car is so nice. The wait was worth it. Kids love it. Wife mostly loves it (the yoke is the lingering issue). Panels are well aligned and all. We're super excited to get to know it more.
Hey congrats to you. I bet you all will love it. Seems like most people come around to the yoke eventually. If not at least there are good 3rd party alternatives

Reactions: Bradlmas and Elixir
Well they called me about a month ago for a different configuration (that didn’t have any damage) and I said no. I figured if I’ve waited this long I want the configuration that I actually desire. The decision is even easier if it has damage

It is painful yet why do we accept a defected product? cheer-up you did the right thing man! :)

I am scheduled to pick up my MX today in Devon PA. I went to the lot on Saturday and found my vehicle. They were clearly working on it since they had some white markings of issues they found (which is a good thing).

We arrived in my wife's MY. My wife mentioned the referral code regarding supercharger miles. The Tesla person we spoke with said that they no longer honored the 1,000 mile supercharger promotion. Since my order was June 2, 2021 does anyone know if this is true? Did they stop honoring the grandfather referral code?

Thanks