Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
29C87B06-484E-4B7A-8D18-EA634C3AF5CF.jpeg
0637BC1A-F5FF-4A53-A97F-020154008CF1.jpeg
086E50D4-AC79-4FF6-B15A-1889A4583B5A.jpeg
6D686E02-51D4-4C3A-A5EA-490BB4476F33.jpeg

I picked it up Thursday. The following issues are not deal breakers and I am extremely happy with this car. It rides smooth, great interior and, of course, much more comfortable than my M3P or MYLR.

To start = It came with mobile charger and two key cards. It has, of course, the swivel/rotate main screen. No key fobs. No matrix headlights.

Issue 1 = The red button on the driver FWD would not work (would not close the FWD). They took it back into service but had to setup mobile service for order+replacement.

Issue 2 = There were minor alignment issues…I will probably ignore. You can see one on top of FWD - minor?

Issue 3 = There is a rattle in the back seat during fairly high frequency road vibrations. I plan to find and attempt a mobile service. The mobile service guys here have been awesome with my M3P rattles.

Issue 4 = The car has randomly restarted a few times. I am not sure what is happening. The first incident was on the drive home, day one. The second was today (two days later), immediately after I moved my M3P getting prepared to sell to Carvana. If it does it again, I will submit a request for review.

Godspeed my fellow MX que mates. See you along the road.

I just got our MXLR back from service last night. They only had it for the day to fix a few minor issues from delivery. The drivers side 3rd row seat had a bad rattle. I'm not sure if they just fixed the seat or completely replaced it. It still makes more noise than the passenger side seat but on my short drive home I no longer noticed the annoying rattle that I was hearing before. They also fixed some slight panel alignment ono the hood and a loose exterior trim piece on the drivers side FWD (it felt as if the factory just stuck some double sided tape under it...).

They were supposed to fix issues with the FWD not opening and closing all the way, but don't know yet if that made any difference.

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
Taillights were redesigned for the refresh.
not the actual tail light, the cover that keeps falling off on the inside of the tailgate. open your tail gate and look at the bare metal where the cover is supposed to go, you will see two pieces of velcro stuck together with the other one supposed to be on the plastic cover. glue that piece of velcro with super glue back to the plastic cover and slap it back on. unless they redesigned that plastic trim cover, replacing it wont do anything as the velcro will still melt off with the weak glue they use. its better to fix it yourself with stronger glue.

Edit: ive attached the image you posted with the velcro pieces circled.

Attachments

• 20220826_112137.jpeg
    20220826_112137.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 100
View attachment 848604View attachment 848605View attachment 848606View attachment 848607
I picked it up Thursday. The following issues are not deal breakers and I am extremely happy with this car. It rides smooth, great interior and, of course, much more comfortable than my M3P or MYLR.

To start = It came with mobile charger and two key cards. It has, of course, the swivel/rotate main screen. No key fobs. No matrix headlights.

Issue 1 = The red button on the driver FWD would not work (would not close the FWD). They took it back into service but had to setup mobile service for order+replacement.

Issue 2 = There were minor alignment issues…I will probably ignore. You can see one on top of FWD - minor?

Issue 3 = There is a rattle in the back seat during fairly high frequency road vibrations. I plan to find and attempt a mobile service. The mobile service guys here have been awesome with my M3P rattles.

Issue 4 = The car has randomly restarted a few times. I am not sure what is happening. The first incident was on the drive home, day one. The second was today (two days later), immediately after I moved my M3P getting prepared to sell to Carvana. If it does it again, I will submit a request for review.

Godspeed my fellow MX que mates. See you along the road.
I've never liked the White configs, This cream interior with gray exterior and 22s look great. I'm glad there is a 3rd color option for x/s even though I'm sticking with black.

Reactions: SubtractEm
I've wondered for the last year if this lot being full is actually a good thing. The cars are probably missing some component otherwise I would expect them to be loaded directly into the trailer.
The logistics probably don't work like that. The cars are there waiting transport based on where they are going. If they are going on rail, its not like there's trains there just waiting around, there are timing and logistics there. The rail yards do not want to stack your stuff in their yard, so Tesla is going to have to arrange for transport just in time for the loads, etc. Remember, these videos are a literal 5 minute point in time during the day. It very well could be that 10 minutes after this video is done, they are loaded.

Reactions: RC51 Tofuman
Delivery was last Friday Aug. 26th, Sorry I was so excited to spend the whole week Playing with my new toy 😇
It does worth the 18 months and one day, 547 days of waiting!

Minor issues that I reported next day and set scheduled for services mid of Sep. only one thing that was new is the driver seat vent makes noise. please add checking A/C and vent at high speed to Delivery checklist.

also, there was one odd thing shown in last photo, The packing of the seal for right FWD is exposed, not sure if that is accepted, what you think? same photo shows the misalignment between the right side FWD and the passenger door too.

Thank you all for being so supportive during the waiting journey

20220826_155910-2.jpg
20220826_163159.jpg
20220826_163143.jpg
20220826_163426.jpg

@Jim J. Mine has same issue w rubber seal was told some time in the sun will fix it by delivering team in Cleveland and service in Toledo. 2 separate towns, hoping they are right.
excuse me! but that's a joke 😇 sun will fix it!?? Here they told me that the whole glass thing needs to be replaced and that's a bigger issue...
I think they're trying to lighten as much reported issues as possible