Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final post in this thread. After 18 months, I am graduating. Thanks for the lively and often, interesting discussion.

62295851-C175-4284-A301-7E503E9161C0.jpeg

Also, for those with a garage ceiling height of 8’, the falcon wings are perfectly usable: yes, I have crouch the slightest, but ingress/egress is sufficient.

6D2CC76D-F982-4552-847D-638E6BDEBB69.jpeg

Anthony @ Savannah was amazing. I had to reschedule my delivery within 24 hours and he got all of the paperwork sorted. He even preemptively opened up the car and let the family pile around while he wrapped up trade in paperwork, which was super nice of him. Of course, it took 30 seconds before my kids figured out how to make the car spew glorious flatulence sounds 😂.

Fit and finish is excellent. Car drives like a dream. Largest adjustment, so far is getting used to Autopilot and FSD. Stalkless yoke is fun and took zero effort to adjust to.

See everyone in other threads.

Cheers!

There's not really anything new to see here, but seeing the pictures from folks who'd gotten their car was one of the things that kept my sprints up when I thought I'd never get mine. So here are a few quick snapshots. Once it's detailed and I get the front windows tinted I'll take some nicer ones.
Who are you going to use for window tint in ATL? I'm looking for recommendations for when mine finally arrives.

My car delivery scheduled for Sep 25, sun! Super excited but had a question for your guys. I also posted this in the 7-seater thread but maybe someone has experience with this.

We live in a condo and unfortunately have to use the NEMA 5-15 (standard home outlet) plug for charging - which at least its free for us to use for the moment as per our building (although our HOA is high enough where I dont feel bad using up electricity to charge the car). Where the X will be parked, the mobile connector (which my wife now uses with her 3) is just a bit too short to reach the charge port - any experience people may have on getting a reliable extension cord that I can use that would be safe and not lose charge? Any experience/advise is greatly appreciated of course!!

Reactions: Kelryin
Just got a call from Telsa. Said I will be getting a VIN very soon and asked about trade-in. How long does it usually take from this point to VIN and delivery?
Order date Sep 2021. MXLR white/white FSD 6 seater.
Thanks all!
For me, about two weeks after the trade in question, my date range narrowed to 3 weeks. About 4 days after that I got a VIN and then delivery in the earlier to middle part of the 3 week range.

My car delivery scheduled for Sep 25, sun! Super excited but had a question for your guys. I also posted this in the 7-seater thread but maybe someone has experience with this.

We live in a condo and unfortunately have to use the NEMA 5-15 (standard home outlet) plug for charging - which at least its free for us to use for the moment as per our building (although our HOA is high enough where I dont feel bad using up electricity to charge the car). Where the X will be parked, the mobile connector (which my wife now uses with her 3) is just a bit too short to reach the charge port - any experience people may have on getting a reliable extension cord that I can use that would be safe and not lose charge? Any experience/advise is greatly appreciated of course!!
I just saw a video that used the evanex charging bundle (evanex.comj. It’s pricey but it has a 70 ft chord plus a complete set of adapters. Might suit your purposes.

Just got a VIN! Ordered June 2021

Question - how do I go about switching to a Tesla financing (changed it to cash last year because I thought that was holding me up!). I responded to the initial text message but haven’t heard back.

Secondly, how do i let them know I’m trading in a Tesla. I cancelled the trade in request to “finalize” my order last year, again thinking that would be my hold up. . Thanks.

Just got a VIN! Ordered June 2021

Question - how do I go about switching to a Tesla financing (changed it to cash last year because I thought that was holding me up!). I responded to the initial text message but haven’t heard back.

Secondly, how do i let them know I’m trading in a Tesla. I cancelled the trade in request to “finalize” my order last year, again thinking that would be my hold up. . Thanks.
Email ordersupport@tesla.com and they will reset it for you. Took about a day for me, same situation. I changed from cash to financing and added a trade in.

Reactions: Hebert

(15 amps)*(0.8 safety factor)*(120 volts) = 1.44kW. The Model X has a battery size of 100kWh. So even if you achieved 100% efficiency in charging it would take (100kWh) / (1.44kW) = 69.4 hours to recharge at Level 1. Dear Lord!

(15 amps)*(0.8 safety factor)*(120 volts) = 1.44kW. The Model X has a battery size of 100kWh. So even if you achieved 100% efficiency in charging it would take (100kWh) / (1.44kW) = 69.4 hours to recharge at Level 1. Dear Lord!
Oh I feel you! we just have no other choice here. Thankfully I work from home so I only take the car on brief local errands in the evening if anything. Main use of the X is mostly on weekends for trips and for the evening errands for me. So that should be enough time to keep it reasonable.
I just saw a video that used the evanex charging bundle (evanex.comj. It’s pricey but it has a 70 ft chord plus a complete set of adapters. Might suit your purposes.
Thanks so much, let me look into this!

Reactions: Fleetwood75
I had to look up "afoot". 😆

My account, both in app and online, is glitching. I can't see EDD or open the order - somethings going on (I wish). 🤔

VIN gods please smile upon me!
I have a VIN, and went to check on the status either way, and agree the App and website for my order is also glitchy and doesn’t load now. Probably a server issue on Tesla’s end since this morning I had no issues. :\

Reactions: timberlights