Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted a video of a refresh X with the old style chargeport, which I thought was odd, do they not come with the full charge hatch like 3/Y? It is indeed a refresh (yoke, rear screen, front bumper refresh) View attachment 862467View attachment 862468

Weird
Edit: I looked through some youtube videos, and I’ve seen about a 50/50 mix of old and new charge ports/rear lights. Really strange
I believe all the recent vehicles have the new charging port.

Reactions: Elixir and TJPDX
I know this is a touchy topic, but I’ll ask anyway… after 16 months of waiting, finally got a VIN and pickup date for end of Oct.

However, it’s a ‘22 and I can’t help but feel that this is someone’s rejected vehicle (not to mention getting a ‘22 when the ‘23s are rolling out). Is there a path to getting a ‘23 instead?

(I know Tesla doesn’t do model years but still…)
It’s not necessarily a reject. In their Q3 delivery report, Tesla mentioned they couldn’t deliver 22k cars due to transportation issue. So, your 2022 car might be just one of the cars that got delayed. You can call 1-888-518-3752 and ask where your car is and they can possibly tell you whether someone rejected this particular VIN. Sometimes you may get someone that is not helpful. In that case, just hang up and try again. Good luck to you.

I believe all the recent vehicles have the new charging port.
I just went down to our local SC and found our car in the delivery lot! Can confirm it has the new chargeport.
Who knows how long its been there, my EDD has been shifting one day at the time after entering the one week window. I got my trade-in offer today (The best offer this summer was $74,500 from Driveway.com, the best offer this week was Tesla at $55,700 :/ Used car prices have plummeted the last two months), so maybe that was the holdup. Now just submitted application for financing (for the second time), and hopefully should be taking delivery this week!

The car looked really good from what I could see. Alignments where great and no scratches or bruises. I couldnt open the car obviously, but couldnt see any "worm" on the yoke and all the seats looked free of creases and weird stuff. There was a little oddity with the rubber around the driver window, but will check it out when I can open the door :)

Reactions: thomslik and adic
Yes, they called me to check if I still want the car.
I said, yes. Send the invoice, I pay and will pick up the car tomorrow. This was a bit to fast for them ;-)
But a delivery in December is verly likely.

Maybe this is the reason why some of you see later delivery dates in the US now. They produce for Europe and put them on a ship beginning of November.
Then, your cars are produced.

But for now, only Plaid orders are planned in Europe. No calls for LR X or S.
I had that same call on friday, they asked about financing and stuff like that. On email the window is oct dec 2022 but on my account it's dec 22 to feb 23

I got my VIN last Thursday (10/6) and my EDD is now 10/14-10/20 in the Bay Area. This is great, however I will be traveling during this time and will not able to pick up if delivery occurs within the EDD window. Can I push pick up back a few days? If so, how would I communicate this to Tesla? I've not been able to reach a person by calling (888) 518-3752.

Order Date: July 2021

Reactions: jasondclinton