Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, currently my EDD is Jan 3 - Feb 7, a 5 week window. Its almost 4 days to the beginning of this EDD. When do folks usually get their VIN?

I had an EDD of 1/7 - 3/3 but got a text saying I had a VIN yesterday out of the blue. Delivery dates were set for just 30th or 31st December, which wouldn’t work for me as I’m out of the country. Was able to put a hold on my order thru 4/1.

Just got a phone call from an SA in the Bay Area asking me to take delivery of a MXP with 22" wheels (we ordered 20") with the $7500 discount. Our financing was approved way back in May 2022 so there's no way at this late hour that that's even possible.

Why do they do this insane end-of-quarter push instead of sustainable production and pricing? It doesn't make any sense and makes everyone who works at Tesla super stressed out.

• Informative
Reactions: tierneyalvin
[QUOTE
Why do they do this insane end-of-quarter push instead of sustainable production and pricing? It doesn't make any sense and makes everyone who works at Tesla super stressed out.
[/QUOTE]

It's all about beating delivery estimates to boost the stock price...

Last edited:
59E86ACD-B9CE-4B6E-945B-514B0AA6A564.jpeg

Anyone else have this wire and clip on their refreshed X? It’s on the top of the inside of the front bumper. I don’t remember seeing it on my old 2020 X.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hello, I just talked to my sales advisor and got a VIN assigned for a config which was close to mine, but pick up at Fremont factory. I’m a WA resident.

How does the sales tax work in this case? Do I pay both WA and CA sales tax?
I can tell you how it works the other way around. I bought a car from a WA dealer and paid local Bellevue sales tax. When I went into the CA DMV to register the car, I showed them all the paperwork and they applied the sales tax I paid in WA to the amount due to CA.

Yes, similar to others I found out about the $7,500 for as it said on the website, a Model X delivered from local inventory by the 31st. I found the exact X I had on order in local inventory and was prepared to go down last night on New Years Eve and take delivery. Then they said the same thing, I wasn’t eligible because mine wasn’t a new order. Really deceptive promotion. Pissed me off

Yes, similar to others I found out about the $7,500 for as it said on the website, a Model X delivered from local inventory by the 31st. I found the exact X I had on order in local inventory and was prepared to go down last night on New Years Eve and take delivery. Then they said the same thing, I wasn’t eligible because mine wasn’t a new order. Really deceptive promotion. Pissed me off

But on the brighter side, you avoided the risk of missing delivery defects in the dark.

could you not have then canceled your order, taken the $250 hit, placed a new inventory order and gained $7250 in savings?