Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price cuts are shown in this tweet and confirmed on the official on the order page.
What about
They can see it. If it says AP3 in the inventory screen, it doesn't have HW4. You can go to the delivery center and ask the SA to show you the internal specs before you accept. Don't pay until you do that.
I think this depends on SA. I went to Tesla again this morning. Still same answer: "Not sure until official announcement "

Well, problem solved whether my MX

Well, my wife wanted to test drive a Tesla with the Yoke today before taking delivery and they had an MS available. So our problem is solved and canceled our incoming MX with the yoke and reordered one with a wheel. She and myself did not like the Yoke. It’s neat, very cool indeed but not practical for us. Maybe if it was our only car but going back and forth with our other cars with round steering wheels would be frustrating. I wish they still had stalks, this will be definite learning curve. Looking forward to our Blue, cream int.,20” wheels in the next month or two. Maybe we’ll get lucky with Hw.4
Two months, safe

The factory couldn't figure out the broken backup camera so I've got a service appointment scheduled for Thursday with a long list of those other things that need to be fixed. Sucks that Tesla can't even manage to QC the first HW4 delivery.

Anyway, after driving for awhile, here's a list of the camera-based software features that are currently broken, until they are fixed by software update:
  • Car agent representation on the legacy AP visualization (just the lanes are drawn)
  • Cruise Control, Autopilot, and Navigate on Autopilot (won't engage any of these at all)
  • FSD opt-in
  • Parking sensors
  • Autopark
  • Preview FSD Beta Visualization
  • Summon
Things working:
  • Lane rendering
  • Auto high beams
  • Lane keeping and departure warnings
Unknown: forward collision warning.

Update

Added a new photo to the album!

Accessing the Service Mode (hold finger on Software screen, put foot on brake pedal, type in "service") allowed me to access the Driver Assist diagnostics screen and reset the DAS. Doing this several times in a row, each time observing that the backup camera started working for a few seconds to a few minutes after each reset, led me to wonder if I might be able to start a drive while the camera was online and that might unlock a normal drive. I tested this theory and indeed the following features recovered for the brief period when the backup camera was online:

• Car agents and features
  • TAAC and NoA
As soon as the camera crashes again, these features stop working. Seems like a software bug, especially since "Reset DAS" consistently brings it back online. Maybe the data bus is getting overloaded with too much traffic?

Reactions: preilly44 and VikH
Update

Added a new photo to the album!

Accessing the Service Mode (hold finger on Software screen, put foot on brake pedal, type in "service") allowed me to access the Driver Assist diagnostics screen and reset the DAS. Doing this several times in a row, each time observing that the backup camera started working for a few seconds to a few minutes after each reset, led me to wonder if I might be able to start a drive while the camera was online and that might unlock a normal drive. I tested this theory and indeed the following features recovered for the brief period when the backup camera was online:

• Car agents and features
  • TAAC and NoA
As soon as the camera crashes again, these features stop working. Seems like a software bug, especially since "Reset DAS" consistently brings it back online. Maybe the data bus is getting overloaded with too much traffic?
Looking at the picture, does it confirm that the front windshield cameras are only 2x camera, with the third one dummy? I see only three green dots for the front in the picture, so I assume 2x for the outer windshield and 1x for the interior selfie.

Go figure...

IMG_2704.PNG

My EDD just extended to the end of May. I see several vehicles matching my config around the country. Will Tesla let me purchase from a store located out of my area? Also ordered in January so not sure why they would be sitting in lots and not shipped to a confirmed order location…
What type of build? My non performance got delayed as well.