Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Refreshed Model S on Feb 18th at the Scottsdale, AZ delivery center. The car was in almost perfect condition with only a minor left front beltline trim misalignment which will be fixed by Mobile Service.

I am thinking about leaving the front license plate holder on due to its affect on the crash test results. The back of the holder has a compression zone which I assume helps with the crash results.

What are the communities opinions on this?

Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: Stirthepot
Unless you hit something so lightly and so squared on the front bumper that the license plate holder takes all the impact, your bumper is getting effected.

I removed mine.

I agree. I think the effect of the license plate holder on crash tests is a 0.0004% difference. IOW, it doesn't matter. I haven't had a front plate on my cars for 20+ years.

Reactions: cwanja
I definitely prefer the look of the MS front end without the plate! In Nebraska, there's an option to pay an annual $40 fee to delete the front plate requirement (highway robbery, I think, but still worth it).

My PPF guy said he could easily remove my front plate when he does the PPF and Ceramic coating (right after I buy the car).

I definitely prefer the look of the MS front end without the plate! In Nebraska, there's an option to pay an annual $40 fee to delete the front plate requirement (highway robbery, I think, but still worth it).

My PPF guy said he could easily remove my front plate when he does the PPF and Ceramic coating (right after I buy the car).
Super easy to remove and any halfway trained detailed should be able. $40 / annually to remove a license plate requirement sounds like highway robbery.