Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S - rear seat rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the product info. Are you able to share an image of it installed? I am having a difficult time visualizing this. From what I understand this goes around the U shaped latch that is not attached to the seat and then you just close the seat on it? Does the seat ever get jammed or stuck? Sorry, maybe I am way off on how this is supposed to be installed.
No worries, all posts from earlier in this thread, here are the screen shots.
IMG_0318.png

IMG_0317.png

IMG_0316.png

Curious to see if this works. Please keep us updated.
So, I took a look at it and found the bar is about 5/32" in diameter, 0.3121, not quite nominal, so I expect continental units are involved😁

Anyway, a bit large to fit with the tubing I had, so I used some industrial quality adhesive Teflon tape. It seemed to make a difference right away.

I noted that the right side latch chewed through the tape after only two cycles. So, it could be a problem with the latch, and not the latch bar.

So, I took a look at it and found the bar is about 5/32" in diameter, 0.3121, not quite nominal, so I expect continental units are involved😁

Anyway, a bit large to fit with the tubing I had, so I used some industrial quality adhesive Teflon tape. It seemed to make a difference right away.

I noted that the right side latch chewed through the tape after only two cycles. So, it could be a problem with the latch, and not the latch bar.
I doubt there’s an off the shelf tubing solution with a wall thickness thin enough to work.

Well, about 3-4 drives and a few hundred miles. Rear Seat Rattle 100% gone. Just a single wrap of Teflon tape over the striker bar.

Probably not a permanent fix. I see after a few cycles of the seat, the sharp edges at the back of the latch are chewing through the tape.

What I think will be, is a glass reinforced Teflon tape material I used to use for composite tools called, Tool Tech. Can't find a source right now, will post when I do.

Well, about 3-4 drives and a few hundred miles. Rear Seat Rattle 100% gone. Just a single wrap of Teflon tape over the striker bar.

Probably not a permanent fix. I see after a few cycles of the seat, the sharp edges at the back of the latch are chewing through the tape.

What I think will be, is a glass reinforced Teflon tape material I used to use for composite tools called, Tool Tech. Can't find a source right now, will post when I do.
It has been over a year since I wrapped mine in a bit of gaffer's tape. Zero squeaks.