Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is what I received from services when I said that asked my some has more recent updates than others.

“Every VIN is going to be different and the software updates will launch in waves. There is no way for us to override it. Your vehicle is up to date for what is available for the specific VIN.”

So much for getting service to push an update.
That seems disingenuous by the service team, though maybe they're not any more in the know. Admittedly, this is my first Tesla, so I'm not sure what "the chain" looks like to run up, but maybe if you contacted Tesla Support directly? You could probably point to a myriad of reasons (want to avoid blank theater screen issues, etc.) or just point to the fact that you're 2-3 major releases behind.

Still running a so old version that Teslafi doesn’t even display it. I took delivery last Friday and the VIN is fresh, so not a bastard’s lot car.
You've had the car for less than a week, so the 2021.12.4.9 version you have might be "too new" in that Tesla often has from-factory versions that have special code that isn't ready to merge with the main release. In the past, the factory versions have "odd" week numbers, e.g., 2021.3.*, and they have newer code in some aspects than what their version might indicate, e.g., 2021.3.106.5 was first noticed August 12th while 2021.24 was first noticed August 3rd.

So far it seems like most of the Plaid/LR vehicles updating to 2021.24.3 are going from 2021.12.25.5, but that doesn't mean your vehicle will need to go through that version first.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You've had the car for less than a week, so the 2021.12.4.9 version you have might be "too new" in that Tesla often has from-factory versions that have special code that isn't ready to merge with the main release. In the past, the factory versions have "odd" week numbers, e.g., 2021.3.*, and they have newer code in some aspects than what their version might indicate, e.g., 2021.3.106.5 was first noticed August 12th while 2021.24 was first noticed August 3rd.

So far it seems like most of the Plaid/LR vehicles updating to 2021.24.3 are going from 2021.12.25.5, but that doesn't mean your vehicle will need to go through that version first.
@Mardak Understood. It's odd though that my high/new VIN, delivered five days ago, has a firmware version older than cars with lesser VINs delivered in July or earlier .4.9 vs .25.x. Also, there's the fact that my 3 updated in less than 3 days after delivery; hence the shout out.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just checked and I download something call 12.25. It’s a language pack for Portuguese. The phone still says I’m on 4.9. I have a service call tomorrow. I’ll see what they can do.
@bananaheim Oh no, that one’s bad (as in “ba-lows”) from what I’ve read. I’m sticking with what I have until after my road trip next week.

If you have been reading the delivery thread, you know that if you do not spend $10k on ppf,etc. And you take it through a carwash, you should not drive an S.

This can be done for ~$5K - full front end PPF only and Gold Package Ceramic PRO (lifetime warranty), but yes anyone buying a ~$100K car and not at least ceramic coating it these days I can only SMH.