Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Silver vs Midnight Silver pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sharing pics of my refreshed Midnight Silver - note that the color shifts depending subtle changes in lighting.
File_000.jpeg
File_001.jpeg
File_002.jpeg
File_003.jpeg
File_004.jpeg

Nice. I see you are in my neck of the woods. Who did the work? Hit me a PM, if you prefer.

My guy, John Gray, suggested chrome deletion after blackening my wheels. I told him I'd consider it at some point.

Kevin at Tint World (Westpark Dr) in houston worked on the window trim and the back/front Tesla trim. He has done other Teslas as well and I decided to try his shop due to his prior Tesla experience.

The handles, bottom door trim, and turn signal were kits ordered from RPM Tesla (rpmtesla.com). I applied those myself. However Tint World could do everything for you. The badging was all plasti-dipped.

Some folks have used plasti-dip everywhere for a chrome delete but I like the vinyl look a bit better. It can somewhat difficult to work with though especially the window trim.

The chrome delete is a fun project that is non-destructive. You can get quite creative with the colors and trim especially if vinyl is used. And you can always pull it off if you get tired of it but it's supposedly will last many years.

Teall

Really nice shots. The metallic flakes on the midnight silver actually look larger than the flakes in the silver. Or is that just in my head?
I haven't looked closely at the silver color, but the metallic flake on my car do pop more than I've seen on other metallic paints in past cars I've owned. It has an almost grainy look to it, and you can almost see the dots of blue within all the silver and the black flakes. Also, I have 2 coats of CQuartz and 2 coats of Reload on the paint, so that may deepen look of the clear coat somewhat.

Kevin at Tint World (Westpark Dr) in houston worked on the window trim and the back/front Tesla trim. He has done other Teslas as well and I decided to try his shop due to his prior Tesla experience.

The handles, bottom door trim, and turn signal were kits ordered from RPM Tesla (rpmtesla.com). I applied those myself. However Tint World could do everything for you. The badging was all plasti-dipped.

Some folks have used plasti-dip everywhere for a chrome delete but I like the vinyl look a bit better. It can somewhat difficult to work with though especially the window trim.

The chrome delete is a fun project that is non-destructive. You can get quite creative with the colors and trim especially if vinyl is used. And you can always pull it off if you get tired of it but it's supposedly will last many years.
FWIW, I had a mix of dip on some areas and wrap on others. The wrap on the door handles and mirrors (with auto fold) did not hold up. Started peeling quickly. I had my guys re do it all with plastidip. Much better in my opinion. Also, I personally like the matte look of the dip better anyways. I think the vinyl (even the matte vinyl) is a little shiny. With either choice, you can't go wrong with style. It looks slick! As always, YMMV depending on installer, climate and location of application.

FWIW, I had a mix of dip on some areas and wrap on others. The wrap on the door handles and mirrors (with auto fold) did not hold up. Started peeling quickly. I had my guys re do it all with plastidip. Much better in my opinion. Also, I personally like the matte look of the dip better anyways. I think the vinyl (even the matte vinyl) is a little shiny. With either choice, you can't go wrong with style. It looks slick! As always, YMMV depending on installer, climate and location of application.

Kinda off topic. But here is my experience. I had my chrome delete also done on my pearl white refresh. I took it to a very reputable shop here in Colorado that does a lot of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc. They said they'd use vinyl wrap everywhere. They ended up plasti-dipping the front and back and it was very rough and not a good job. I plasti-dipped my previous cars trim and wheels and did a better job. The chrome on the sides of the Tesla was wrapped, but not very well. There was chrome shinning through in several spots, the door handles were only done on the front face, the mirrors wouldn't fold, etc... I complained and they gave me a partial refund. I just paid my detail guy to get everything removed and professionally painted... Now everything looks so much better. Although the original wrap job cost $1,000. The painting was over $2,500. But well worth it.

Your blacked out silver looks stunning!

Thanks Erik

Reactions: MGMDaware
Kinda off topic. But here is my experience. I had my chrome delete also done on my pearl white refresh. I took it to a very reputable shop here in Colorado that does a lot of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc. They said they'd use vinyl wrap everywhere. They ended up plasti-dipping the front and back and it was very rough and not a good job. I plasti-dipped my previous cars trim and wheels and did a better job. The chrome on the sides of the Tesla was wrapped, but not very well. There was chrome shinning through in several spots, the door handles were only done on the front face, the mirrors wouldn't fold, etc... I complained and they gave me a partial refund. I just paid my detail guy to get everything removed and professionally painted... Now everything looks so much better. Although the original wrap job cost $1,000. The painting was over $2,500. But well worth it.

Your blacked out silver looks stunning!

Thanks Erik
I think the auto fold and auto retract door handles gives the custom shops heartburn .