Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Tesla Model X issues: frozen camera, brake fault, high voltage system fault, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One can’t treat cancer with words and one can’t fix hardware issues with a software update. The fanatical believe of many Tesla users in the power of software is quite remarkable.
One thing you don't understand is Software CAN cause hardware faults and Software CAN work around hardware faults. I do it ALL the time.

Now, some software work arounds and solutions you might not like, but software most certainly can deal with hardware issues.

For example on Model 3, the poorly designed HARDWARE for the windows that tended to freeze easily. What did Tesla do, when the temperature was low they didn't close the window all the way unless you were driving. Pretty clever. I hate that fix but it did help some folks with frozen windows.

Another one, was frozen charge ports. Again another hardware design flaw. What did Tesla do, they pulsed the latch periodically when the temps were cold. Again clever and again I didn't care for that fix either. But it avoided them replacing a lot of latches (Which they eventually redesigned).

Or the famous one that limits charge rates on certain batteries to prevent chances of fires. Users love that software update.

Or keeping the suspension lower to avoid design flaws in the shafts that vibrate. I'm sure your X has that feature too (both the Shafts and the Software the keeps it low).

So it could be a bug that is causing overheating or a hardware design flaw, you will never know and Tesla will never share that. But Tesla has tons of control over heating and cooling components. So a bug or work around that they may come up with might be good fix in software. This assumes it is an overheating issue, which you have zero proof of. All you see are symptoms that look similar to overheating, but you have no idea and just guessing.

If you hate the car that much, just get rid of it, while prices are good, and move on. Hint, don't post it on this web site. ;)

Last edited:
The government of several states thinks the same. And I know Tesla owners there personally. They also approve of that measure. Because they hate the quality of Tesla Service, and they yearn for competition. Being the owner of other cars, I was always able to buy parts cheap or find them the same day. And I was always able to have a same-day service appointment. With Tesla, we have to wait for months. A large number of issues that they are not fixing may also be the price we pay for not having competition in servicing Tesla cars.
If you love car dealerships so much, maybe a Tesla isn't the car for you.
Also, there's nothing stopping anyone from opening a shop to service Teslas if they can get enough business. There's just not enough incentives for independent shops to service Teslas at the moment as most Teslas are still under factory warranty and Tesla can't make the parts fast enough even for their new cars. So the lack of service competition isn't the fact that Tesla skips the middleman for sales at all.

When a company goes from releasing the first fully electric and practical car to producing a million cars per year with up to a year of waitlist in less than a decade, no amount of franchised network dealerships is going to suddenly start producing the parts needed.

To try to tie in the "legal necessity" of car dealerships and the car-salesman-on-the-lot-model to the current situation of Tesla's service not being able to catch up with the demand for the cars is disingenuous to say the least.

You're welcomed to start your own third party Tesla parts production and service centers, which would be a far better solution for the customers than to try and start a billion dollar class action lawsuit against Tesla for supposedly posing a risk of "severe injury or death" if you charge your car to a 100% and drive until empty or hang around a supercharger waiting until the charge crawls all the way to 100%.

You are exaggerating and outright misleading on all the important points and it's no wonder people aren't responding positively to you. It's the same reason people hate car dealerships and its salesmen. Go ask a Mustang Mach E customer who put an order down and waited until release to find out that the dealership will not sell you the car without a 50k markup how much he thinks dealerships are necessary for EVs because he can allegedly get parts or service for his Mach E anywhere any day unlike for a Tesla.

You can argue that Tesla needs to resolve the particular issue and that Tesla's service needs much to be improved on many fronts, but don't think you're fooling anyone into thinking all you're trying to do is help other Tesla customers and that the reason for Tesla's lack of service is being able to directly sell to customers. Whatever substance you had in your assertions was lost through the full serving of BS you wrapped it in.

With what exactly? There was no much welcome from the start 😜
In my experience here at TMC and online in general, the tone is usually set from the original post. If you come out swinging, you're going to get swings back. Your initial post comes off as a factual account of an issue, peppered with red text about warnings for what might happen to you or your vehicle while testing the issue, and doesn't leave a lot of room for uncertainty. I would argue that uncertainty is paramount with this issue since there is a limited pool of affected users at this time. Is it possible your initial conclusions are accurate? Absolutely. But it's also possible that something else is going on, and it's worth listening to the other contributors to this forum instead of shutting them down. As @BamaATL very politely put it, this forum includes a lot of experienced and intelligent engineers. A good percentage of contributors here also graduated at the top of their class, so it's worth listening to the consensus in order to reach a conclusion that has a better chance of being accurate.

There was no intention to shut anyone.
I think it's worth a re-read of the thread, in that case. I just did so, and these stood out to me as attempts to do just that:

I bet your problem is still not fixed - it's just no longer triggered by the way how you use the car.

It’s also not true that the car is 100% usable.

In your case, the issue didn’t even disappear - you were just not aware of it.

The fanatical believe of many Tesla users in the power of software is quite remarkable.

Sorry, I truly thought that everyone here was against me because I dared to confront their love for Tesla.

Right. A class action against Tesla was against the fanatical love for the company. That love was stronger that the desire to protect the rights, invested money and safety for many people here. I'm sorry for this mistake, but I just believed in common sense.

I have no fanatical love for Tesla. If anything, I've been tired of them since 2016. But I do love EVs and I do travel, so I'm still a consumer. Dismissing people's honest responses to your post as nothing but "fanatical" is not only a type of ad hominem attack, it's cutting yourself off from getting good feedback that might help you. People aren't pushing back on you because of fanaticism. They're pushing back on you because your tone warrants it.

Right. A class action against Tesla was against the fanatical love for the company. That love was stronger that the desire to protect the rights, invested money and safety for many people here. I'm sorry for this mistake, but I just believed in common sense.

Are you sure? Your love for the rights and safety of others and your belief in common sense was so great that you were compelled to make claims that were untrue and didn't make any economical or legal sense? And when I called you out on them, you couldn't respond to any of the actual points made, so you resorted to simply claiming that my fanatical love for Tesla is getting in the way of your altruistic justice?

I would actually love for you to accuse and trash Tesla with facts and claims that make sense. I don't care if you single-handedly collapse Tesla as a company, as long as it was on true and valid grounds. If you truly believe that you discovered such multiple life-threatening faults of Teslas, why don't you simply reproduce those life-threatening faults in an open and empty lot to show on Channel 9 News, Facebook, Youtube, Tesla, and everyone here on TMC, etc., which is sure to result in a quick and definitive resolution if those faults are as threatening to the public safety and life as you claim them to be, instead of making bogus side claims and recommending million dollar and billion dollar lawsuits without any actual evidence?

I do think that Tesla on the whole is a great company, albeit with many flaws. But that has nothing to do with how incomprehensible you have been given your self-proclaimed desire to protect the rights and safety of others with a belief in common sense.

Please consider that simply claiming me to be a fanatic lover of Tesla does not shield the logical faults of your thoughts and words. If I were you and I believed everything you've said here so far, I would make a public demonstration of my discoveries recorded on video to be plastered on every social media platform linked to Tesla and Elon Musk. Honest recommendation.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman
I can reproduce all claims that I've made for you, and you post them on the mentioned platforms. Do we have a deal?
Sure. Give me the video demonstration of how your Tesla's faults could get people killed and I'll gladly post them for you.
Although I'm not sure why you need me to post them for you, since you're the one so concerned about protecting the safety and rights of others against the deadly faults you discovered.

Not really... I just wanted to find other concerned people. But none are here, that's absolutely clear now :)
I'm sure a lot more people would be concerned once you can actually show how your Tesla's faults can get people killed.

That would be the first thing someone with common sense who is actually concerned about the safety of others would do.

I can reproduce the mentioned issues, but I can't capture the videos at the same time. If you have the proper gear, we may do this together.

But it seems that the upcoming computer replacement may solve the issue. After the creation of the thread, Tesla agreed to replace it. They didn't agree in the past and just wanted me to wait for a miraculous software update. I wouldn't agree with the software solution even if it "helped"!
You mean to tell me that you don't know anyone with a smartphone to take a simple video while you reproduce the deadly faults of your Tesla in your noble quest to save the lives of others?

And that once your own car gets a new CPU, you couldn't care less about all the people that could potentially get killed from these faults you laid out with red warnings in your original post recommending a billion dollar class action lawsuit?

I have to tell you that I am hardly surprised, and that I won't be wasting any more of my time with whatever else you have to say.

There you have it folks. Draw your own conclusions.