Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refurbished Battery Dying already?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My refurbished (Nov 2020) pack died on me Friday. It littlerly cut off, gear indicator turned red. I coasted to a stop. I call and got Call Center in Montreal Canada, not Draper. Lady said ""battery fault, take to SC"". I asked what is the fault code or problem? The SC is 45 miles away on the interstate. Very dangerous to get on interstate with car that dies. Her comment was unbelievable, she don't worry about it.
Does anyone know the warranty on replacement pack??? I heard it was 2 years?? But unable to find that in writing??

If it is still part of the 8 year new battery warranty, you got the remaining of that duration. That means it could be another 7 years if it's that new or 1 day if the 8 years come tomorrow.

If you bought it outside of the new car warranty then it's 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever first:

No. It was replaced under warranty. One month left on warranty. I can't find the post on here that said if Tesla replaced the pack, it had a two year warranty? Even if car was out of warranty. If they give me a $22k quote, I'll take it to Gruber.

My refurbished (Nov 2020) pack died on me Friday. It littlerly cut off, gear indicator turned red. I coasted to a stop. I call and got Call Center in Montreal Canada, not Draper. Lady said ""battery fault, take to SC"". I asked what is the fault code or problem? The SC is 45 miles away on the interstate. Very dangerous to get on interstate with car that dies. Her comment was unbelievable, she don't worry about it.
Does anyone know the warranty on replacement pack??? I heard it was 2 years?? But unable to find that in writing??
What’s the version of refurbished pack you have?