Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery, Replacement time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The VIN is 222xx. With all our brilliant minds here, we can narrow down the possibilities with 100 possible combinations.

It's been reported elsewhere that Tesla is somewhat randomizing the VINs because they didn't like people trying to track production batches, etc. Not sure it's absolutely proven, but there's been reportedly some good evidence that's been done in the recent past. Dunno. I do know that I had to accept a Model Y two weeks ago with all kinds of fitment and alignment issues because I had no car and didn't want to keep renting one.

A friend just picked up his white Model Y AWD today in MN. VIN 061xxx
It looked great! About as perfect as it could get. Paint was perfect (though white is REALLY hard to inspect in detail), and all the mechanicals were virtually perfect. Even the taillights and charge port door looked great (compared to early Y’s).
To excessively nitpick, the frunk and trunk / lift gate were both slightly misaligned left/right, but only by about 2 millimeters (really minor); but, you have to look REALLY close to see it; from a few steps away, you can’t tell. Note that both work perfectly and there is no rubbing.
Also, Tesla left a little adhesive residue on the drivers side door trim, but that should clean off easily. This item really should have been preemptively handled by the local delivery team.