Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, in my case that would be the 2017 Bolt I've been driving for 3yrs now. :D
Compared to the disgraceful messes that Tesla is delivering to customers the Bolt had no paint/gap/fit/finish/leak, etc.. issues upon delivery ....

My 2019 Bolt (picked up Spring of 2019) had zero defects as well. Wonderful little car, just not useful for serious travel (hence the MY in my future).

I hope to order our MY for the Fall and pray Tesla gets their act at least partially straightened out by then.

Rich

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

.... I still remember tears running down my face when I saw MY with three shades of white rolling out of the Service Center. That's some heartbreaking experience. :(

Yes, but did you have all those issues in just one car?
We are seeing vehicles delivered with multiple significant issues, any one that could trigger a rejection. Making your customers jump through hoops to get manufacturing defects rectified is just wrong in any business. Not everyone lives just down the street from the Service Center or can take time off from work to drop off and pickup their cars multiple times in some cases. It is a major inconvenience that Tesla is imposing on it's customers, if they don't get a handle on things soon the good will will run out and it will come back around and bite them in the you know what.

Expect folks to try to prove you wrong and shove results of the customer satisfaction survey in your face. Some of those customers will eventually forgive Tesla.....and the fact that Tesla doesn't really have a competition allows them to be arrogant towards the rest.

Yes, but did you have all those issues in just one car?
We are seeing vehicles delivered with multiple significant issues, any one that could trigger a rejection. Making your customers jump through hoops to get manufacturing defects rectified is just wrong in any business. Not everyone lives just down the street from the Service Center or can take time off from work to drop off and pickup their cars multiple times in some cases. It is a major inconvenience that Tesla is imposing on it's customers, if they don't get a handle on things soon the good will will run out and it will come back around and bite them in the you know what.

You nailed that right on the head. I drove almost 200mi (3 hours) to the SC for my delivery and refused the car. I even called 2x before my delivery date and asked them to please do some additional QC inspection and I was told that they have and the car is in tip top shape. Well I guess they need to get their eyes checked, some of the paint and trim issues were glaringly obvious that they were really not that hard to miss.

Also,.my loan will mostly expire again (2nd time, 1st pre-covid) before I get a new VIN assigned, so might have to re-apply and get another hit on my credit score (3rd)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NY_Rob
Just found a new VIN in source code, 19XXX. I'll give this one a go and if I decline this one as well, I think I'll just put it on delay till Fall. Good points made about the loans hitting credit report so many times. :)

Just after I read your comment, I got curious and looked at the status of my MY. And alas, I too have a new VIN assigned 15xxx (and it shows on the actual status page).

Reactions: minisugar
And what do ya know...got my text to schedule delivery last night at Tyco Rd, and they gave me 2 days - the 27th and 28th. I'm still surprised that I got the VIN yesterday, and told the vehicle was still at the factory, yet they will have it ready for delivery in VA in 4 days? Really find that doubtful. My first VIN took 8 days to ship, then 3 rescheduled deliveries over 3 weeks to try and repair the defects, and then I eventually gave up. I hope this was late enough that the blue paint is not two-tone or missing paint. Guess I'll find out this weekend...

Same for me. My VIN disappeared tonight.

@carter_seattle @BreatheEasier I know you guys are waiting for a blue Y- just FYI that service center let me know that there was a large batch of blue and white Ys that were produced post-shutdown that have significant paint defects; some of the white Ys were embarrassingly bad to service team (unfortunately delivery team was pressured to deliver them, making it a pain for customers and for service team to address, lots are filling up and 75-100 deliveries per day and the quarter numbers target)- they're painted by robots in Fremont but it seems the spray pattern was not configured/calibrated correctly and there were noticeable horizontal sweeps that went missing (vertical sweeps near door edges seem to have good coverage); my blue Y was part of this problematic batch and Seattle-Renton essentially repainted all 4 doors, my hood, pillars, and rear fenders, and to make it all blend- basically they repainted the entire exterior of my car. It's getting a final inspection by service manager to make sure there is no remaining defect before I get it back.

View attachment 554472

View attachment 554474

My latest VIN is 90xx production date of June 6th, so hopefully it wasn't part of the bad blue paint batch. Supposedly picking up on Saturday and will report back. Assume that a SC appointment will be needed at least for the door/hatch/frunk alignment, dirty interior, taillights, and rear seat alignment. I can deal with all of those, but if the car needs a re-shoot, I'll be moving on to my next VIN.