Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking after 40.8 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 40.8 update yesterday. Prior to the update, my regenerative braking in standard mode was great. I noticed when I drove today, and the regenerative breaking wasn't nearly as strong, to the point I had to double check to make sure it didn't somehow get switched from standard to chill. Really feels virtually non-existent unless I'm going below 10mph and even then, it coasts much further than it was even yesterday before the update.

Anyone else that has the 40.8 update noticing their regenerative braking not working as well as it was before the update?

I hope not. I really enjoyed the old regen strength. I'd give the 7 mile range improvement back if the gain means weaker regen!

It is getting colder, so maybe that is what is being felt.

So I just picked up a new model Y, downloaded 40.8 when I got home and the regen is super hard compared to my 3. And, there is no way to adjust it. Under driving, I have no braking regen section like I do in the 3. Is that normal? You can adjust it in the Y?

07217A59-2DE1-49C8-9314-E493D39EA1C0.jpeg

Attachments

• 42EFCB30-C435-4B66-A461-FF0B59269130.jpeg
    42EFCB30-C435-4B66-A461-FF0B59269130.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 62
Does everyone with 40.8 on their MY have the regen option? I just called Tesla and the reason I don't have it is they said they have removed that option and it's controlled automatically! And it's way to strong.....opposite of what I'm hearing from everyone else. Very strange.

• Informative
Reactions: Zoomit
Someone on Reddit let me know that when you charge to over 90% on the battery, the regen braking impact is lessened until you are back below 90%. That seems to be true as I drove it today and was at 99, and once I fell below 90% the regen seemed to be back to what it has been.
It is true. It’s in the manual. Below the speedometer the line will be dashed when it’s restricted.

So I just picked up a new model Y, downloaded 40.8 when I got home and the regen is super hard compared to my 3. And, there is no way to adjust it. Under driving, I have no braking regen section like I do in the 3. Is that normal? You can adjust it in the Y?
I believe if you have "chill mode" on you cannot change it, so change it to standard mode, and then you can change regenerative braking...

• Informative
Reactions: AmbienWalrus