Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking Disabled...MS 2017 won't go into gears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! First post...I just got a new MS 75 2017 last week (it was a showroom car), and absolutely love the car.

Unfortunately, during a drive this morning, I stopped to get coffee, and after I came back 15 min later, the car showed a "Regenerative Braking Disabled" notification. I live in NC and I was driving for >45 min, so it's not the weather.

The car would not allow me to put it into any gear. It was just show "Car Off". See the pic below.

Restarted the console. No luck. Called Roadside Assist, tried to enter/exit car multiple times. No luck.

Called SC, and had it towed to SC. Tow mode worked, thankfully. After having it today, SC has not been able to diagnose it.

I couldn't find a similar issue on the forums...any ideas or experience with this problem?

Thanks for all who post, this community gave me confidence in buying the car, since I was able to learn a ton by reading.

Thanks,
Cris

Attachments

• IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 98
By the way, for a brand new car, how does the ‘lemon law’ work? Do I have a case if the car is in the shop longer than I’ve driven it? I hate it, but it’s hard to trust it....especially if they have no idea...

Every state has its' own version of the Lemon Law. Usually, there has to be multiple unsuccessful attempts to fix a safety related problem and/or a specified time out of service. You can look on your My Tesla web page under documents to download the Lemon Law info.