Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative braking, do the brake lights turn on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, definitely going to have to remember that myself. There was an unexpected snow storm in NJ yesterday so I had to drive to work in the snow. I never even thought about altering the regen setting. It would be great if the Model 3 kept track of the current weather in your area and would make the suggestion about changing regen temporarily.

Yeah, and honestly it wouldn't be that hard, my old G6 tells me "ICY CONDITIONS POSSIBLE" whenever it gets like below 35 degrees. At least when the temp gets that low, to have a suggestion that pops up to say "Reduce Regen?" would be easy enough.

Reactions: PoitNarf
Yeah, and honestly it wouldn't be that hard, my old G6 tells me "ICY CONDITIONS POSSIBLE" whenever it gets like below 35 degrees. At least when the temp gets that low, to have a suggestion that pops up to say "Reduce Regen?" would be easy enough.
There have been complaints about regen heavily reducing when temp drops into low single-digits Celsius. Is it possible they have already been doing this automatically but the state logic is off, still?

Is the regen braking in the M3 as aggressive as in the MS when its set to the more aggressive setting in the MS (effectively making it a single pedal car) ? I had this setting turned on when I test-drove a 75D two years ago and absolutely loved it - it took about 2 mins to get used to not having to touch the brake pedal and I couldn't stop smiling about that change to my driving style.

Anyone in the red model have a very hard time seeing the brake lights turn on in the diagram on the screen? I can barely see it (I usually only notice the red line in the rear window on the diagram, the brake lights blend in completely to the car.) I'd love to see it fade the bottom left side of the screen red...similar to how AP flashes the left side blue.

Reactions: israndy
Anyone in the red model have a very hard time seeing the brake lights turn on in the diagram on the screen? I can barely see it (I usually only notice the red line in the rear window on the diagram, the brake lights blend in completely to the car.) I'd love to see it fade the bottom left side of the screen red...similar to how AP flashes the left side blue.
I don't find it easy in my Obsidian Metallic. ;) I can tell but have to focus so much to be sure that I basically never use it.

I wonder every time when I use auto pilot does car use regen to slowdown (and brake only when needed) like how I got to use?

I use far less braking compare to regular cars and I believe brake pad will last longer than usual.

I wonder every time when I use auto pilot does car use regen to slowdown (and brake only when needed) like how I got to use?

I use far less braking compare to regular cars and I believe brake pad will last longer than usual.
Your brakes will last forever because tesla even pulls the calipers back away from the rotor to eliminate glazing and residual wear just by resting on the rotor.
When you’re not beholden to the parts industry (think brake pad manufacturers, oil manufacturers, lubrication manufacturers) you can make these great advancements in many different areas.