Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking "Hold" Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question in regards to regenerative braking. Before I ask my question though some background: For a few days now I’ve noticed a sound (sort of like a click) whenever the “Hold indicator” appears on the touch screen after moving my foot off the accelerator and decelerating from whatever speed to “Hold”. Since noticing this sound I’ve being testing regenerative breaking at different speeds and distances, resulting in the same result, as soon as the “Hold indicator” appears on the touch screen, simultaneously the sound is audible. The sound appears to be coming from the drivers side below the dash along the firewall just below the steering column. I have My Profile for Stopping Mode set to “Hold”. My question, is the sound I mentioned above normal or something I should surface to my Service Center?

I’m assuming this is the same sound I noticed recently when lowering my windows and going thru some 4 way stops early in the AM. It’s just my MYP on the road and I noticed the “bottle cap” sound when accelerating from 0-2 mph and when letting off the Accelerator coming to the next Stop sign.
So that’s the “regenerative breaking”?
It’s kinda nostalgic the sound. Like I said, bottle cap hitting asphalt, or a click of spurs from the old cowboy boots AND it’s a bit of a soft warning sound for the stealthy quiet Tesla creeping thru 4 way stops.

Upvote 0