Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

regenerative braking modes on Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just orderd my Plaid last week and was wondering if there is still the option to chhose this setting or turn it off?

Thank you!

I received my new S Plaid on Feb 12, the regen brakes is annoying, there are no options to reduce the forced braking all the time, is just like applying the bake pedal anytime you release pressure from the accelerator, annoying, test drive before you confirm the order, now I can not return mine and I will not have any fund driving, it is a shame, very bad on Tesla

I received my new S Plaid on Feb 12, the regen brakes is annoying, there are no options to reduce the forced braking all the time, is just like applying the bake pedal anytime you release pressure from the accelerator, annoying, test drive before you confirm the order, now I can not return mine and I will not have any fund driving, it is a shame, very bad on Tesla
What?? That's one of the best parts of the car. One can brake silky/easy smooth or somewhat assertive with just one pedal driving! Delightful 😁

Agree with @CaptUAL Give it some time. One pedal driving is the best part of driving an EV. In time you will be able to modulate the speed with the accelerator pedal. Just don't jump off of it and cover the brake like you are used to doing in an ICE.

I just orderd my Plaid last week and was wondering if there is still the option to chhose this setting or turn it off?

Thank you!
I agree, seems like no variability. Drive it for a bit and it's quite nice. I got back into my Lexus ES350 after a 1000 mile week long trip to So Cal and I missed the regen heavy brake, took me a bit to re-learn ice braking. Actually quite happy with the Plaid.