Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative Braking Reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regenerative Breaking on my Model Y (2021) has significantly reduced sine fall of year. I right it was the cold weather in the northeast. As the weather recently warmed up, the performance is still low. I AM using my brake most of the time while driving around town.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: AZ-3
I would be curious to see if the battery state of charge display contains a blue stripe and a snow ice flake icon
when you encounter such reduced regenerative breaking?

Cold Weather Charging .jpg

Regenerative Breaking on my Model Y (2021) has significantly reduced sine fall of year. I right it was the cold weather in the northeast. As the weather recently warmed up, the performance is still low.
What's your definition of "warm"?
If it's still less than 60 degrees F, then your battery is still too cold for full regen.

I live on a hill, and have reduced regen when it's less than 60 degrees. It's much better when you use scheduled departure.

What's your definition of "warm"?
If it's still less than 60 degrees F, then your battery is still too cold for full regen.

I live on a hill, and have reduced regen when it's less than 60 degrees. It's much better when you use scheduled departure.

I should had mentionned in my previous posting #3,
I suspect it was around 50 F (10 C).

I parked in a garage, near San Francisco, and it was around 5 am.
Next time I will check the ambiant temperature.

I should had mentionned in my previous posting #3,
I suspect it was around 50 F (10 C).

I parked in a garage, near San Francisco, and it was around 5 am.
Next time I will check the ambiant temperature.
Keep in mind the battery has a lot of mass and can take considerable time to warm up after it has been cold-soaked overnight or for a period of days.