Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration has not been sent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a Model S on Dec 24th and have given the power of attorney so Tesla could transfer my previous vehicle tag to the new car.
The Coral Gables team emailed me indicating that the registration would be sent to me in a few weeks. However, the temporary tag is expiring today (Jan 24) and I have never received the registration.
I checked Florida’s Motor Vehicle website yesterday and no title has been associated to the new vehicle VIN number yet

Sounds like the Coral Gables team needs to help you get your registration materials, and get you another temporary tag ASAP. This is not normal.
I would also say it's not unheard of, unfortunately. We've bought three used Model S and the first one took 6-moths (not a typo) to get us title work. The second one took 3-months. The third one took only a couple of weeks so I had hoped they were trending to being more efficient at this critical piece of selling used cars. That said, I've heard many stories of experiences still measured in the months so I wouldn't say it's abnormal for Tesla. When it does happen it's an absolute nightmare to try to get resolution as well especially considering they have no customer-facing phone number. This last fact is the customer service equivalate of "You got a problem? Tough $h!t." which appears to be Tesla's official stance on service.

Reactions: Chaserr
I would also say it's not unheard of, unfortunately. We've bought three used Model S and the first one took 6-moths (not a typo) to get us title work. The second one took 3-months. The third one took only a couple of weeks so I had hoped they were trending to being more efficient at this critical piece of selling used cars. That said, I've heard many stories of experiences still measured in the months so I wouldn't say it's abnormal for Tesla. When it does happen it's an absolute nightmare to try to get resolution as well especially considering they have no customer-facing phone number. This last fact is the customer service equivalate of "You got a problem? Tough $h!t." which appears to be Tesla's official stance on service.
That’s a lot of moths, how would one even go about collecting that many.

• Funny
Reactions: Chaserr and beatle
I just picked up this thread after taking delivery of my leased M3LR in Charlotte and driving home to Charleston SC with a NC dealer plate. That was nearly three weeks ago. The SA in Charlotte forgot to have me sign a POA for whoever they have in Charleston to deal with the DMV; so the POA had to be overnighted to me for a sig, overnighted back to Charlotte, and no word so far about where we are in the process. The dealer tag doesn't expire until 6.25, so I'm just waiting....but intend to begin making noise if nothing shows up by 6.18. Leasing from Tesla seems to present its own challenges. Do they snail mail the tag and reg? Fedex it?