Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reliability of Evannex Rear Lighted T

AdamHLG

Sep 29, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
I purchased this product for my Model X 16 months ago:

Lighted T for Tesla Model X (Rear)

I had it professionally installed by the recommended installer for my area (as I recall, the installer was on a short list of recommended installers either by Evannex or by the manufacturer before Evannex started selling the product). Point being, I am at the mercy of the installer, but I assume it was installed per manufacturers instructions.

The "T" is actually a series of many LED lights that make up the overall "light". 4 of the LEDs are intermittently not functional but mostly do not light up. The remainder of the "T" lights as expected. For someone like me, being OCD, I find this very noticeable. I was able to try and live with it for 2 months, but realized I need to replace it.

I e-mailed Evannex to explain the story and to find out if there is anything they can do to issue a replacement. I received a response that indicated the warranty is 90 days, the product is 16 months old, so there is nothing they will do.

OK. I respect that and if that is the warranty period, so be it. But it means it will cost me $300 plus the cost to have the installer remove and reinstall the replacement "T".

I have nothing but love for Evannex. My post is to ask if anyone else had issues with the product. 16 months does not seem like a very long life cycle for a $300 product. But maybe the stars aligned and I got the bad solder joint or whatever. But if this replacement fails in less than 2 years that will be a problem and I guess I will look into ordering the original logo from Tesla and going back to stock. So I figured I would ask. I am hopeful that others had no issues and perhaps I got a fluke.

Thanks

Jimmy 1

Mar 5, 2016
Sarasota, FL
I can tell you that if Evannex had not tied up the only vendor of these with a contract, they would be $50. That is highway robbery at that price, and they should replace it at minimal cost to keep a client satisfied.

Reactions: AdamHLG

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC