Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remind me that she's just a car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ammulder

3,X,FSD Beta
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Philly area
We did our first bath today, after an astounding 1000+ miles in just over 2 weeks. (This is replacing a car that got 5000-6000 miles a year.) I guess it shows that 1. she's really fun to drive, and 2. she has completely replaced the minivan as the vehicle of choice for my wife and kids, unless all six of us are going somewhere.

But the cleanup revealed a couple tiny scratches on the front end... there's enough small rubble on the roads that I feel like it's totally within expectation for a thousand miles. And I'm in it for the driving and transportation, not to keep her in museum condition. She likes the outdoors, so we don't even park in the garage.

Still, it was kind of painful to witness.

Sigh.

Reactions: Msjulie and Tron 3
I know the first ding/dent I got on my Model S was heartbreaking... The dents a PPF won't do much to prevent; however, I park in a campus parking deck regularly next to covered golf carts, that the students who drive them rarely if ever properly secure the coverings... so I have numerous micro scratches all down on side of my car from the zippers on the covers :(

So planning to do a full body wrap with PPF solely to prevent this kind of damage from occurring on the M3 I'm planning to order in 2 days... Lease runs out on my MS in August and plan to own this time around.