Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Entry Not Staying On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having a few issues if anyone has had them as well and can shed some light:

1. My remote entry from the app has to be used to unlock and start the car EVERY single time and will not stay on

2. Key card will only unlock vehicle, but it will not start it.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions how to fix?

How did you acquire this Model 3 and the key cards? Is it a brand new car, or used?

For #2, you're saying that if you tap the card on the door, the lights flash, the car unlocks, and when you get in it and put your foot on the brake, the car tells you that it needs a key card to start? Even if you do all of this within 2 minutes?

Have you actually set up your cell phone as a phone key per the manual for #1?

Upvote 0
How did you acquire this Model 3 and the key cards? Is it a brand new car, or used?

For #2, you're saying that if you tap the card on the door, the lights flash, the car unlocks, and when you get in it and put your foot on the brake, the car tells you that it needs a key card to start? Even if you do all of this within 2 minutes?

Have you actually set up your cell phone as a phone key per the manual for #1?

Brand new car, year 2022. It has always worked before but this past few days the issue has started. Yes, all within 2mins, and the key card is needed everytime now to start the car or I have to use the app to start remotely each time now. Yes, not new to Tesla app/using. Just haven’t encountered this issue yet.

Upvote 0