Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote seat heating. Only with”butts” in the seat? Is that right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully not a repeat of a thread already started. I couldn’t find one.

I am on a road trip with family and while getting ready in the room cranked up the climate and seat heaters. (It’s 30F here).
When we came down to jump in it was nice and warm inside but the seats were cold. It was very obvious they hadn’t warmed up. Of course a minute or two sitting in car and they were on quickly.
Has it always been this way and I never noticed?
What’s the point of having remote seat heaters in the app if they don’t come on until your in the seat?
I guess it’s some sort of safety concern.
Not a crisis issue. Just a little confusing and maybe annoying

• Informative
Reactions: Brettski
Yes they are displayed on the app. I have them set to max(3 lines) while I’m getting ready to leave.
I’ll try and let them go a few minutes longer and check again next stop.
Or maybe this time turn the climate down to ambient temp so it’s not really heating the interior. Then it should be much more obvious if the seat heaters have been on when I get in.

Mine are normally toasty when I remote heat them, but there is a known issue when the app turning them off when you try and modify them. They app is flakey and will not change them correctly. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Mine are normally toasty when I remote heat them, but there is a known issue when the app turning them off when you try and modify them. They app is flakey and will not change them correctly. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Interesting. I have also noticed that pre-heating my seats with the app doesn’t seem to work. I guess I’ll try not messing with the settings, but that really just means the new feature doesn’t work at all... I have MCU1 if it makes a difference.

So I parked the car differently yesterday to get a WiFi connection, quickly prompted via app that an update was available so I went ahead and installed that because the reason I wasn't getting seat controls in app was version 8 software in the car.

Now I have the seat heater controls in app but had forgotten that was going to cost me the camera on top on the main display.

Always up Nav is positively idiotic for my pre-AP car and 7mile each way traffic free commute.
It is like the software engineers are huge Paula Abdul fans............