Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing “Dual Motor” Badge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my 3 a month ago with the badge already on since it was a demo car. Didn’t care for it at first and like it even less now. I’d like to have it removed but not sure how to go about it. Has anyone done this and know if Tesla will do it for free? I’m also concerned about paint being ruined during the process. Anyone have any issues? Advice is much appreciated! Will be happy to give the badge away.

Point the trunk into the sun on a warm day or warm with a heat gun. Use dental floss to remove the badge. Goo-Gone to remove leftover adhesive. Wax.

Congratulate self on removing a horrid badge. All trim badges are but it’s particularly so.

Horrid indeed! But I don’t want to mess it up. Hence why I hope tesla does it for free. Guessing my chance of messing up is much higher than theirs

Maybe? But if I ruin it then I gotta pay for the paint work. If Tesla does it then the hope is they don’t screw up? That’s why I’m wondering if they have done it for others.

The odds of doing any damage to the paint are next to none, if you use fishing line or dental floss to remove the badge. I’ve done this procedure many times.

I debadge all of my cars (including several Teslas) and have never had a problem. I use a hair dryer and dental floss. And a tiny amount of nail polish remover.

It only takes a few minutes. Much easier than taking the car in.

SC wont and shouldn’t do it for free but it’s easy to do yourself. Hairdryer usually works too...a heat gun in bad hands can definitely destroy the paint. I don’t mind the badge but so many of them are put on crooked.

Reactions: Sherlo
I used fishing line to remove the "350Z" badge from a Nissan and it worked great. Removed remaining adhesive with alcohol prep pads, since I didn't have any goo gone.

My "T" emblem on the trunk lid was removed for a ppf install and there was a nice scratch hidden underneath....

SC wont and shouldn’t do it for free but it’s easy to do yourself. Hairdryer usually works too...a heat gun in bad hands can definitely destroy the paint. I don’t mind the badge but so many of them are put on crooked.

That’s my worry. Maybe hair drier is the way to go. I don’t know if my hands are good or bad, but I don’t want to find out on MY Tesla!