Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing frunk tub permanently - mice inspections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to remove the frunk tub permanently so I can easily and daily inspect for mice nests. Mice damaged my 2 previous ICE cars, my motorcycle, lawn mowers, grills. They are everywhere on my property and fiendishly smart creatures. I've spent far too much time watching youtube videos and reading online without clear evidence that any of the many methods to deter mice work. Peppermint might be the best option but needs to be replenished frequently; every few days to monthly depending on what you read. That expensive electric pad (grid guard) might be worth the $$$ if you have a flat surface to lay it down but I don't.

Any thoughts or concerns about removing all that frunk plastic permanently?

kept mine off for 2 weeks and the only issue is occasionally it will say frunk latch not secure and to schedule service. other than that no problems. Actually better air flow in the climate as well
Thanks for that. Yes, I took out the tub and see that the frunk hood is now recessed below the rest of the body. With the extreme bumps and bad roads where I am I'm guessing it might be a noisy ride with the hood bouncing around.

Have you tried cats? I live out in the country and rodents can be an issue.
This wicked cute dog is supposed to do the job - but alas she's not able to catch them. Tough to have cats when traveling regularly 3200 miles for months at a time in each place though I suppose they'd have plenty to eat.

I just set up a budget and hopefully effective trap thanks to Shawn Woods' Mousetrap Monday vid here should you be interested.

Looking forward to giving Shawn Woods' trap a try!

I recall a year or so ago when I was working near the car, HEARING a mouse or some animal scuttling inside it! Though I believe the mouse left, I've seen the damage they've done to other cars I've owned.