Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing wax prior to application of ceramic spray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To answer your question, Clean Slate is safe to use on your paint. However, it may not actually strip the previously applied wax completely off your paint.

Here is a video posted by a respected car detailing youtuber that shows that washing a car with Clean Slate alone did not strip the wax:

Also, I am a huge fan of ceramic spray sealants. But there are some reviews out there that showed that NexGen is very expensive and is not very durable. I would suggest either Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Sealant or Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax instead.

Hope that is helpful.

Does anyone know if Meguiar's G25024EU Car Wash Plus+ iis safe to use as well as a means for removing wax? I just bought some but having second thoughts as I've now read it's abrasive.

That Meguiars soap appears to be a new and unique type of product. It does indeed contain abrasives, similar to a light polish. I personally would not want any polishing abrasives in my car soap.

If you are looking for a stronger car soap that will remove waxes or sealants, I would suggest one of these two soaps that will deep clean, degrade and remove old waxes, and prepare the surface for the application of a new wax, sealant, or ceramic coating:

Feynlab Pure Wash: FEYNLAB PURE WASH | Car Shampoo for Maintenance or Prep of Coated Vehicles

Mckees37 Coating Prep Auto Wash: Coating Prep Auto Wash

These soaps are very strong and should only be used when preparing the car for a new wax, sealant or coating. Do not use them for routine maintenance washes.

I personally would not use Dawn or any other dish soap on my car. I have asked this of professional detailers and nearly all of them have said that dish soap may not actually completely remove old waxes and it can actually damage clearcoat. So I would keep the dish soap in the kitchen and use a car wash soap specifically formulated for washing your car.

Reactions: Moogabib