Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe ZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Renault_Zoe_productiemodel_02.jpg

Notice that this car is a 3 door, whereas the preview was a 5 door. I wonder if we will see production versions of both?

The ZOE is still on my spotlist. It might be a great second car for the local shopping and daily driving of my girlfriend. That way we can go fully electric!

It will be in Geneva, so a great chance to take a better look.

Post here I think (if my terrible french is correct) seems to suggest that the range might be reduced to 140-150km. Hope this isn't right although for a 22kwh battery this seems to me to be a more accurate figure than 160km.

http://worldscoop.forumpro.fr/t3044p375-2012-renault-zoe-ze-b10#334997

Wrong information (i think).

"BFM Business says the extra range will be possible due to advances in battery technology, although that would be pretty spectacular progress.

TheChargingPoint.com asked Renault how much truth there is to the article and they were predictably tight-lipped. “We haven't confirmed the range of this new model yet,” said a spokesperson. “Everything is under wraps until press conference of 6 March in Geneva. The only guidance given so far officially is we believe it will have best range of any EV at launch.”"

Fluence ZE 185 km NEDC, Leaf 175 km NEDC.... so ZOE minimun 200 km NEDC.

Look this DHL press note:

DHL | Press Release | English

"Renault has chosen DHL to manage and distribute replacement batteries for its entire electric vehicle range."

"To manage this sensitive and particular kind of logistics - these batteries weight between 112 kg and 335 kg and have non-standard dimensions "

Twizy (net 100 kg) 112 kg
Kangoo/Fluence 260-280 kg (24 kWh)
Zoe 335 kg (net 310 kg = 28 kWh)

Renault wants to keep electric Zoes range a secret

Just an artist impression from planeterenault.com but thought it looked interesting.

Renault Zoe Sport.......
Renault's head of electric vehicle development, Matthieu Tenenbaum, who in an interview to the British Autocar revealed " We have in mind a more powerful version of the Zoe. "

zoe-rs.jpg