Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renton WA Service Center - First Experience, Terrible Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a leased Model 3 Performance I got at the end of March this year as well as a Model Y LR that I bought at the end of June. I have 5 Powerwalls as well. I'm a Tesla fan and have been used to great products. I have used mobile service a number of times and have had a great experience as well.

Since getting the Model 3 I've had a problem with the vents. When you move them on the screen, they don't actually move. I had mobile service come out and do some diagnostics and it failed a "flow test" and they confirmed the vents weren't moving as well. As such I had to bring it in, and the first appointment was 6 weeks out. I figured no problem I can live with this for awhile.

My appointment was at 8:30 this Monday. When I dropped it off, they said it "might be here as late as Wednesday" but probably would be done by Tuesday. No updates after that. I texted on Tuesday, nothing. I called this morning and was told "one car is ahead of me." Shocked, I asked "does that mean no one has even touched my car yet?" They said yes thats correct. I was given an Enterprise (not Tesla owned) Model S as a loaner but had to pay a $50 deposit and they required me to pay $17/day in insurance because my insurance doesn't cover rentals. I figured for 2-3 days that was no big deal so I didn't complain. However, now finding out my car hasn't even been touched yet it seems unlikely I'll even get it back this week.

If I can digress for a moment, I hate this Model S. I'd never driven one before and I find the interior ergonomics to be terrible compared to my 3 and Y. It has the older MCU (complete with yellow ring), theres an awful gap between the driver's side window and the weatherstripping causing terrible wind noise at any speed over 30 mph (not a design flaw just something that needs fixed). I can't find a good seating position, the corner of the screen pushes into my knee in a very uncomfortable way, etc etc. But I digress...

So now I wait for a 2PM call to tell me if I can come swap out for a Tesla loaner or if I need to come to Enterprise to swap cars. And of course I have no idea when *my* car will be ready. If they are this backed up, why even let me make an appointment? Push them out so you can take care of cars on time and as promised, not store them on site for a week or two.

Super frustrated. First bad Tesla experience.

I have a leased Model 3 Performance I got at the end of March this year as well as a Model Y LR that I bought at the end of June. I have 5 Powerwalls as well. I'm a Tesla fan and have been used to great products. I have used mobile service a number of times and have had a great experience as well.

Since getting the Model 3 I've had a problem with the vents. When you move them on the screen, they don't actually move. I had mobile service come out and do some diagnostics and it failed a "flow test" and they confirmed the vents weren't moving as well. As such I had to bring it in, and the first appointment was 6 weeks out. I figured no problem I can live with this for awhile.

My appointment was at 8:30 this Monday. When I dropped it off, they said it "might be here as late as Wednesday" but probably would be done by Tuesday. No updates after that. I texted on Tuesday, nothing. I called this morning and was told "one car is ahead of me." Shocked, I asked "does that mean no one has even touched my car yet?" They said yes thats correct. I was given an Enterprise (not Tesla owned) Model S as a loaner but had to pay a $50 deposit and they required me to pay $17/day in insurance because my insurance doesn't cover rentals. I figured for 2-3 days that was no big deal so I didn't complain. However, now finding out my car hasn't even been touched yet it seems unlikely I'll even get it back this week.

If I can digress for a moment, I hate this Model S. I'd never driven one before and I find the interior ergonomics to be terrible compared to my 3 and Y. It has the older MCU (complete with yellow ring), theres an awful gap between the driver's side window and the weatherstripping causing terrible wind noise at any speed over 30 mph (not a design flaw just something that needs fixed). I can't find a good seating position, the corner of the screen pushes into my knee in a very uncomfortable way, etc etc. But I digress...

So now I wait for a 2PM call to tell me if I can come swap out for a Tesla loaner or if I need to come to Enterprise to swap cars. And of course I have no idea when *my* car will be ready. If they are this backed up, why even let me make an appointment? Push them out so you can take care of cars on time and as promised, not store them on site for a week or two.

Super frustrated. First bad Tesla experience.
Bad service is not limited to Tesla. My son-in-law's Nisan Sentra has been in the shop for a month, with hardly any communication from the service department.