Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair estimate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Unfortunately someone reversed into me. Insurance have been involved and just awaiting a response
In the meantime can anyone help my curiosity to know what happens next?
Will they repair the bumper + other panel with filler / replace the bumper / replace the car etc. Parking sensor also affected and metal alloy is also damaged as a result however not shown in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_4236.JPG
    IMG_4236.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 97
For general information on claiming on car insurance see:
Vehicle insurance – making a claim if you’re in an accident

Your own car insurance policy should also have some information on what will happen in your situation.

Unless you get the repair the work done yourself and claim the cost back from the third party, your insurer will likely decide on how and where the repair work will be carried out. But they should restore you to the position you were in before the accident.

It really depends on the damage. It looks to me like that would be repairable rather than need replacing. They won't replace the wing anyway, that would be 'massaged' back into place and then a tiny bit of filler and then blended back in. The bumper possibly the same, unless it's actually snapped the clips, in which case you may well be looking at a new bumper. If it's repairable then you could be in and out the same day, if they need to replace the bumper you could be waiting months for the parts, but still only take a couple of days to repair once it's in. Your insurance co should recommend an approved Tesla garage for the repairs (if not I'd request one as you're not paying) and at the end you shouldn't be able to tell it ever happened.
Wheel would be replaced not repaid.

It really depends on the damage. It looks to me like that would be repairable rather than need replacing. They won't replace the wing anyway, that would be 'massaged' back into place and then a tiny bit of filler and then blended back in. The bumper possibly the same, unless it's actually snapped the clips, in which case you may well be looking at a new bumper. If it's repairable then you could be in and out the same day, if they need to replace the bumper you could be waiting months for the parts, but still only take a couple of days to repair once it's in. Your insurance co should recommend an approved Tesla garage for the repairs (if not I'd request one as you're not paying) and at the end you shouldn't be able to tell it ever happened.
Wheel would be replaced not repaid.
thanks that was useful. I hope it gets fixed in a good condition by a tesla authorised repairer which has been offered

That's an easy fix for a bodyshop. The hardest part is getting the paint to match. Yours is grey, which is easier than red, but harder than black. They will remove the rear bumper for repair and then re-spray it, the repaired panel and blend with any adjoining panels. It will probably cost about £2K.