Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair time for Model S overflow thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Investor's Beware!
I bought a Brand New Tesla Model S in March and was involved in a small fender bender in early April. Went through a Tesla Approved Bodyshop & was given an estimate of mid-May. Keeping in mind, that that's 1 Month after the accident for a small fender bender. The shop has continuously been contacting Tesla's motor department, I have continuously been contacting Tesla directly.

I'm simply EXHAUSTED. For such a "great company" they've held my Brand New Car with under 1000 miles on it is STUCK in the shop for over a month and weeks past the estimated date & did not offer me a loaner car or any type of update as to when the car will be fixed. If you're looking to buy a Tesla, Beware you'll be scratching your head. I'm appalled at how we've been treated thus far.

[Moderator note (bmah): I'm collecting a set of multiple, nearly-identical posts, and their replies, across multiple threads/forums into this thread. They should never have been cross-posted in this way...this is against forum rules.]

Buyer Beware!
I bought a Brand New Tesla Model S in March and was involved in a small fender bender in early April. Went through a Tesla Approved Bodyshop & was given an estimate of mid-May. Keeping in mind, that that's 1 Month after the accident for a small fender bender. The shop has continuously been contacting Tesla's motor department, I have continuously been contacting Tesla directly.

I'm simply EXHAUSTED. For such a "great company" they've held my Brand New Car with under 1000 miles on it is STUCK in the shop for over a month and weeks past the estimated date & did not offer me a loaner car or any type of update as to when the car will be fixed. If you're looking to buy a Tesla, Beware you'll be scratching your head. I'm appalled at how we've been treated thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buyer Beware!

Nice first post. Here and the investor round table, very applicable places for them LOL

Reactions: skitown
Investor's Beware!

I think you've posted in the wrong thread. This is the stock market action thread.

Investor's Beware!

Why do you expect Tesla to offer you a loaner? Normally it’s up to your insurance to provide a loaner, at least if you bought a contract with that kind of coverage.

Investor's Beware!

I have an extremely hard time believing that someone having service issues would think the best place to discuss it is on an investors forum....

Investor's Beware!

Cool story bro.

To be honest, I'm not sure where else to blast it. I'm still finding the best place to voice it.

For what purpose? There are HUNDREDS of threads about long repair times, there are even news articles about it. What is your end goal? It takes a long time to repair a tesla, loaners are covered by your insurance, and have a budget specified in your contract for business with them. What is so unique about this situation that you're trying to post it in the most like thread of 2018 and the most active thread of 2018 (seems calculated)

Investor's Beware!

Gonna need more info to sympathize... if it was a small fender bender, why can't you still drive the car while waiting for the part, especially if you can't get a loaner for some reason? And why is this Tesla's fault? I can maybe understand if they recommended the repair shop and they are the problem or TM is the hold up on getting the needed part (hard to believe if you just bought it in March), but they are under no obligation to provide you with a loaner, that's the job of your insurance company.

Need to know more before I can beware.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor

I'm simply EXHAUSTED. For such a "great company" they've held my Brand New Car with under 1000 miles on it is STUCK in the shop for over a month and weeks past the estimated date & did not offer me any type of update as to when the car will be fixed. Your not the only one experiencing a delay, I'm still waiting for an update from them.

Gonna need more info to sympathize... if it was a small fender bender, why can't you still drive the car while waiting for the part, especially if you can't get a loaner for some reason? And why is this Tesla's fault? I can maybe understand if they recommended the repair shop and they are the problem or TM is the hold up on getting the needed part (hard to believe if you just bought it in March), but they are under no obligation to provide you with a loaner, that's the job of your insurance company.

Need to know more before I can beware.

I can't drive the car because the car's radiator support was damaged and was rendered undrivable until the part was replaced by the Bodyshop. I'm not worried about the loaner car, but the car has been stuck in the shop for over a month simply waiting on parts from Tesla. The shop can't do anything with the car until the parts are available to fix it. They recommended me the shop, an approved tesla shop, as per the representative & their website. They haven't been able to replace a front bumper support on a 2018 Tesla...

I can't drive the car because the car's radiator support was damaged and was rendered undrivable until the part was replaced by the Bodyshop. I'm not worried about the loaner car, but the car has been stuck in the shop for over a month simply waiting on parts from Tesla. The shop can't do anything with the car until the parts are available to fix it. They recommended me the shop, an approved tesla shop, as per the representative & their website. They haven't been able to replace a front bumper support on a 2018 Tesla...

Thanks for the reply, that clarifies things a bit and I can definitely understand your frustration. Kind of hard to believe they wouldn't have this part available. But, as stated before, it would be best to move this conversation to a different forum, as it doesn't directly affect SP or the market.

Best of luck on getting your car repaired ASAP.

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc
Thanks for the reply, that clarifies things a bit and I can definitely understand your frustration. Kind of hard to believe they wouldn't have this part available. But, as stated before, it would be best to move this conversation to a different forum, as it doesn't directly affect SP or the market.

Best of luck on getting your car repaired ASAP.

Thanks bud, yeah most likely going to shift the conversation to service forum but thanks for being understanding bout it.

Reactions: wipster
Investor's Beware!

Why are you posting this in the forum for discussing TSLA share price action in the stock market? There are other forums here at TMC that are more suitable. There you would be more likely to find Tesla car owners who could provide advice regarding body repair.

Nevertheless, I'll put in my two cents. Since it is not a warranty issue but due to an accident, the matter of a loaner must be discussed with your insurance company, not Tesla or its shareholders. Tesla is not responsible for your accident, therefore it is not required to fix your car or provide a loaner. It's the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident that would recommend body shops. That insurance company will pay for a loaner, if such an allowance is in the contract. Otherwise, it's up to you to find an alternate means of transportation, and more generally to avoid accidents.

Last edited: