Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replaced Steering wheel tearing again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 MX LR and the yoke steering wheel peeled after about 2-3 months. Many have documented this. It was replaced less than a year ago with a “new” one with “better material”. It’s been great. Just the other day it started to peel AGAIN. Has anyone had this issue?

According to @uscbucsfan, a redesigned yoke may be coming soon:

You can consider Tesla Model X Yoke Plaid Steering Wheel from Tesery

Tesery is proud to bring you a one of a kind fully custom made new steering wheel replacement in a range of designs including racing steering wheels, yoke steering wheels, half steering wheel, round steering wheel, rectangular steering wheel, normal steering wheel, roadster steering wheel... The most comprehensive options to make your Model S & Model X steering wheel truly yours.

Each steering wheel consist of skeleton made out of a strong metal such as magnesium, aluminum or steel, wearable with anti-aging. The skeleton is covered by a highly durable, soft, foam material , wirh inject molding used to apply the polyurethane on the skeleton.

Made with an exact fit aftermarket core, we provide a range of customization options that you can choose above. We stand behind the quality of the product and our service to create this bespoke product for worldwide Tesla owners. There are no returns of your original core required and no refunds to deal with, the price you see here is all you pay.

Click the link to view more

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: m5james
Any ideas or rumor on how the updated yoke is going to look? I don’t have a problem with the yoke now but I’ve heard and seen the complaints with the peeling and I’m not trying to deal with that but if they get rid of the yoke, I’ll take the hit and place my order

Hi MX folks. Tony from the same thread on the MS. What a number of us 'over there' have been told by our SCs is that the newly designed yoke will be produced starting in September with distribution in October and widespread availability and installation in November. This was reconfirmed to me today by the Tesla Ranger that serviced my car and seems to be the most consistent messaging from Tesla. I think this supports what is stated above apropos submitting a request in October. That timing aligns.

• Informative
Reactions: Tz00
Damn just placed my order…hopefully they’ll allow the new yoke to be retrofitted to the older models
Hi MX folks. Tony from the same thread on the MS. What a number of us 'over there' have been told by our SCs is that the newly designed yoke will be produced starting in September with distribution in October and widespread availability and installation in November. This was reconfirmed to me today by the Tesla Ranger that serviced my car and seems to be the most consistent messaging from Tesla. I think this supports what is stated above apropos submitting a request in October. That timing aligns.

As Tesla is vertically integrated (meaning they make most of their own parts) one would expect that as soon as the yokes started degrading a year ago that Tesla would have immediately looked into it and addressed the manufacturing/coating issue. I just cannot imagine that for all of the time that they are knowingly taking on more liability with crap yokes.