Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling Yoke warranty replacement - updated materials?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just scheduled a mobile appointment for Tuesday to have them replace my yoke. I've been trying to have it replaced for about the last 6 months now but was originally told Oct/Nov, then it was Feb and latest I was told late April for availability. Hopefully they'll have some in stock for me. This will be my 4th replacement for the peeling issue. I think it's my pants rubbing against the wheel when entering the car. Once I noticed why it was happening I altered the position of the wheel and had successfully avoided the peeling for sometime until it happened again. Hoping this new wheel will solve those issues.

Looking forward to having a horn in the center again. I've gotten used to using the button but almost was hit by a car backing up in the first couple months of ownership... that was a harrowing experience...

• Love
Reactions: zoomer0056
Made my appointment and they moved it to the service center saying that they can't perform the swap using mobile service which is interesting because I've had mobile service change it out every other time. But they haven't cancelled my appointment.. yet.. having it done at Orland Park, IL service center on Monday. Fingers crossed that they have the wheel and I'm good to go.

I have my service appointment set for this coming Tuesday. I asked initially about a month ago and they said wait. I saw a post on here about two weeks ago and sent another message. They set me right up with an appointment. I confirmed that they will be installing the "revised" yoke WITH the center horn update. I will post pics when I get her back!

• Love
I have my service appointment set for this coming Tuesday. I asked initially about a month ago and they said wait. I saw a post on here about two weeks ago and sent another message. They set me right up with an appointment. I confirmed that they will be installing the "revised" yoke WITH the center horn update. I will post pics when I get her back!
Which service center?

Had my wheel replaced this morning and I love the new wheel. It's great to have a horn in the center! The old horn button now brings up the camera which is useful. I feel like it's slightly smaller than the old wheel, but I haven't compared them, just feels slightly different, but good.

When I was there I was able to take out a 2024 Model X for a demo drive and really like it compared to the S. Too bad they are offering a god awful trade-in value. I did like the auto park on the X, I don't have the same available in my S, must be a HW4 vs 3 thing.

• Love
For whatever it's worth, I just had my yoke replaced on the 2022 Model X Plaid that I purchased last week. It feels like a better quality material to me, and it has some stitching etc that just seems nicer all around. Nice to have that real horn, and while I haven't used the buttons yet it sounds like there's some nice improvements there as well.

I set up the appointment via app on Wednesday 04-03, the app made me select an open date for a service center appointment (I'm in the SF Bay Area, my SC is Burlingame), but after setting the appointment they reached out and changed the appointment to a mobile service for today 04-08. Replacement was free.

Just got the car back. Here are some pics. The wheel overall feels a lot better. Less "textured" from before and just a smoother "leather" feel. Noticed a small cut and a dimple on the airbag and took it straight back to the service center from the pick up location 2 blocks away. Have another service appointment for a new airbag. Nice to have the horn back in the middle. Where the horn used to be is a camera button that quickly brings the side and rear cameras up on the main screen in the middle.

If y'all have any questions, shoot. I'll try to answer the best I can!

1000010677.jpg
1000010679.jpg

1000010680.jpg

1000010686.jpg

Attachments

• 1000010680.jpg
    1000010680.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Cuttin
I went to the Camarillo, CA Tesla Service Center to ask about a peeling yoke replacement.

I've been scheduling mobile appointments for this once a month since August 2023. Yup, I've been polite but still making sure they don't forget me. Each time they canceled the mobile appointment saying the part is not in stock and that I'll be put on the list and they will call me when the part is in.

During today's in person visit they did produce a hand written list and I was on it. No real answer as to why they didn't have the yoke in stock. They showed me they've only crossed one person off the list since the yoke has been out. There looked to be about thirty on the list and I'm in the middle.

How does one use the app to schedule service at another Service Center?

I went to the Camarillo, CA Tesla Service Center to ask about a peeling yoke replacement.

I've been scheduling mobile appointments for this once a month since August 2023. Yup, I've been polite but still making sure they don't forget me. Each time they canceled the mobile appointment saying the part is not in stock and that I'll be put on the list and they will call me when the part is in.

During today's in person visit they did produce a hand written list and I was on it. No real answer as to why they didn't have the yoke in stock. They showed me they've only crossed one person off the list since the yoke has been out. There looked to be about thirty on the list and I'm in the middle.

How does one use the app to schedule service at another Service Center?
When I create service request, I can choose from a list of service centers in my area.

Remote came out couple days ago, and repaced my pealing yoke. Took about 30 minutes, and everything, including center horn, worked perfectly when he left. Nice guy that seemed capable and liked his job.
Miss my worm:)
Really appreciated them coming out, and eliminating my need to go in for service.
Love my X.

Very useful post, thank you very much for all the people that contributed.

Mine has been peeling for about a half a year and I’ve been waiting for this new revised yolk which I heard would be available in March but honestly, I forgot about it.

I guess we do get to learn to live with the horrible scenarios of peeling yolks and we just get to it. I guess first world problems.

Anyway, thank you all will schedule