Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling Yoke warranty replacement - updated materials?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new yoke is the same size as the original, the material feels a little different, the haptic buttons vibrate and make a clicking noise, the airbag/horn depresses when you push it, and the in-car owner's manual has been updated to reflect the new functionality.
So would you say the haptics match the new 3 haptics? That they are stronger than on the old yoke?

Can anyone help me understand how people that call the all new model 3 “refresh” look at this yoke compared to the old one and call it new instead of refresh?
Most people called the new M3 Highland.

Refresh tends to refer to the whole car with upgraded items. Those items (yoke is one item) are new. If you look at the yoke as the whole item it's a refresh with upgraded items. Those items, covering and buttons, are new. It you go in even deeper and look at the button as the whole, it is refreshed with new items. That new item is the haptic hardware.

So, refresh refers to a whole that has new pieces.

Also, refresh refers to the current iteration of something that changes a lot. Tesla cars are refreshed throughout the year, every year. The yoke is not.

Last edited:
I opened a service request to replace my Yoke for the 2nd time and I got a call from Tesla. The guy told me that no Yokes are available as of right now for 2023 and older Model X or S at this point. I was told that the owners of those vehicles will get notified (even if out of warranty) and all those yokes will be replaced with a redesigned one once they are available. He could not give me any timeline when he expects them to be available. All that he knew was that they had no replacement yokes at this point. My service request was cancelled and I'll have to wait until I'm notified of the new yokes. Meanwhile, I may get one of those covers you can buy on Amazon for $39 to $79.. They seem a pain to install but I really don't want to see that peeling yoke every day.

Was there an option in the app for yoke replacement? Is the date in May based on the yoke replacement?
I selected interior and then posted a pic of yoke which has started to peel. But not sure you have too. I heard you can just ask for the horn yoke.

IMG_5537.jpeg

Same issue as yours. Mostly the left. It’s happened to the right once in awhile. If I turn the wheel at a large angle it usually will come back. But I can’t do that while moving.
What is your turn signal issue like? Is it both turn signals or just left arrow?

Mine is the left turn arrow and is sporadic. Sometimes it works flawlessly and sometimes not at all.