Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement parts on lease vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I normally take out a PCP but this time I have a personal lease. If you have a flat tyre for example do you have to notify the lease company? I don’t have any maintenance included with my lease. Also do you have to get their authorisation what brand of tyre to use and which garage?

Generally, the vehicle needs to be maintained correctly and they will usually make reference to “fair wear and tear” relating to any damage. There should be a list of damages that are acceptable and those that will incur a cost, if returned with excessive damage.

As for replacing tyres, as long as they are legal and appropriate to the vehicle, this shouldn’t be an issue.

Reactions: Tigermad
Hi. I normally take out a PCP but this time I have a personal lease. If you have a flat tyre for example do you have to notify the lease company? I don’t have any maintenance included with my lease. Also do you have to get their authorisation what brand of tyre to use and which garage?

I think this depends on the terms of your lease - YMMV but I believe the types of restriction you describe would only be imposed in a lease where maintenance is included.

If you have a flat tyre for example do you have to notify the lease company? I don’t have any maintenance included with my lease. Also do you have to get their authorisation what brand of tyre to use and which garage?
No you don't. When the car is returned they just check the tyres are in decent condition and road legal. You could return the car with the cheapest tyre you could find provided it's the right size and in good shape, they just check the tread and for any obvious damage.

No you don't. When the car is returned they just check the tyres are in decent condition and road legal. You could return the car with the cheapest tyre you could find provided it's the right size and in good shape, they just check the tread and for any obvious damage.
Sorry but this is incorrect.
You don't need to notify them if you have a puncture or replace with winter tyres or they are worn.
You do need to check your contract as some do specify brands or premium tyres depending on the lease company. So worth check as you may buy cheap now but end up with a fee when you return.

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB and Tigermad