Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing cabin air filter and cleaning evaporator fins in 2021-2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 model 3 with same issue and I have to clean the coils every 6 months. I really didn't want to have to deal with this on the 2023 model s I just ordered... please let us know if this fixes the problem? I'm thinking of cancelling my order and getting a used 2020 model s now. I'm going to ask if my new car will have the updated part.
It won’t and you will still buy it because its a awesome car.

Reactions: Bull
I would wait till you get it b4 you worry. Like most of us here we had a good smelling car till it gets humid and rainy.
You’re in Virginia you’re probably good for a year or so.
I really don’t want to wait. My 3 smells pretty bad during the humid time of the year and its kind of pain to do the coil cleaner.
I would wait till you get it b4 you worry. Like most of us here we had a good smelling car till it gets humid and rainy.
Your in Virginia your probably good for a year or so.

Oh this is classic. I have a mobile appointment to replace the hepa assembly and I get a message from the service guys asking me to ensure I have the hepa as some plaids didn’t ship with the hepa assembly :)

Per their records on my VIN, I don’t have the hepa option installed. I had to send them a photo of biodefense mode and the filter to satisfy them otherwise!

Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

Oh this is classic. I have a mobile appointment to replace the hepa assembly and I get a message from the service guys asking me to ensure I have the hepa as some plaids didn’t ship with the hepa assembly :)

Per their records on my VIN, I don’t have the hepa option installed. I had to send them a photo of biodefense mode and the filter to satisfy them otherwise!

Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

wtf? every single one that has biodefense mode should have a hepa system or they are outright falsely advertising.

What's the difference between the two visually?