Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing piano black trim with obeche open pore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much would the SC charge for the labor + new trim?

I don't remember exactly but it was nothing too crazy. Something like $750 and that included labor and parts and it was nice to have it done professionally by a SC technician.

Best part is I got rid of the carbon fiber trim and someone bought the carbon fiber trim from me for just about what the new trim cost me. Love the open pore oak trim that I now have.

Contact your local Service Center and they'll give you a quote.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: cucubits and croman
I don't remember exactly but it was nothing too crazy. Something like $750 and that included labor and parts and it was nice to have it done professionally by a SC technician.

Best part is I got rid of the carbon fiber trim and someone bought the carbon fiber trim from me for just about what the new trim cost me. Love the open pore oak trim that I now have.

Contact your local Service Center and they'll give you a quote.
This cost me about 340 and about 1.5hrs of my time. You had the carbon fiber trim, which my be an easy resell. No one wants piano black.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
Nice video. I could have used this a few months ago when I did mine. I got rid of the Figured Ash and replaced mine with Carbon Fiber. I even added some CF trim around the interior door to cover some graphite as I hated how easily they scratched. You can see the before and after. I had Obeche Matte in my last car and loved it, so wanted something different.

Took me a couple of hours. The Mobile team quoted me like $400 just to install without parts. CF parts are expensive, but I procured mine from a guy on eBay who refinished OEM parts to CF for about 1k and result my Figured Ash. It cost me overall like $600 to upgrade.

CE16C194-FB45-4A71-86AF-6F7DFF357C3C.jpeg
E2EDAE22-9BC1-4DCB-B03F-A1CAEF70D06E.jpeg
8804E36D-DD66-461F-945C-5A52A45D1F5E.jpeg
B9512506-9165-4ECF-A03C-CFA1FA6838CA.jpeg
A1D0F240-A14A-4576-8387-A2CED05612F2.jpeg

Nice video. I could have used this a few months ago when I did mine. I got rid of the Figured Ash and replaced mine with Carbon Fiber. I even added some CF trim around the interior door to cover some graphite as I hated how easily they scratched. You can see the before and after. I had Obeche Matte in my last car and loved it, so wanted something different.

Took me a couple of hours. The Mobile team quoted me like $400 just to install without parts. CF parts are expensive, but I procured mine from a guy on eBay who refinished OEM parts to CF for about 1k and result my Figured Ash. It cost me overall like $600 to upgrade.

View attachment 540005 View attachment 540006 View attachment 540007 View attachment 540008 View attachment 540009
That looks great! I haven’t been a fan of the CF but it does look fantastic especially with the added trim pieces! I’m getting my center console installed today so that’s exciting

That looks great! I haven’t been a fan of the CF but it does look fantastic especially with the added trim pieces! I’m getting my center console installed today so that’s exciting

Thanks. I never was a big fan of CF, but after having Obeche Wood previously, it was my next choice that I would have considered. My color is Mult-coat red, so it's very sporty looking and I feel the CF interior goes well with it. The Center Console is a nice upgrade when you have nothing there now. I recommend this: (I've seen them on Amazon cheaper as well).

T-Box Tesla Model S / X Wireless Charging Organizer Box With Cup Holder

Pics in here look great.
Question: For the center armrest area: Anyone know how to take that apart? Installing the NVX sub kit, and I saw where the volume knob for the sub can be mounted with the knob facing forward (only the knob is visible) just above the round temp sensor grill that's located on the front side underneath the armrest. But not sure how the armrest area comes apart? Anyone?

Pics in here look great.
Question: For the center armrest area: Anyone know how to take that apart? Installing the NVX sub kit, and I saw where the volume knob for the sub can be mounted with the knob facing forward (only the knob is visible) just above the round temp sensor grill that's located on the front side underneath the armrest. But not sure how the armrest area comes apart? Anyone?

You have to pry off the sliding doors by pulling up with force. Once those are off, you can snap off the trim easily. It's not that hard at all. Putting it back is a little trickier since you have to snap the sliding doors in.

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
Thanks. I never was a big fan of CF, but after having Obeche Wood previously, it was my next choice that I would have considered. My color is Mult-coat red, so it's very sporty looking and I feel the CF interior goes well with it. The Center Console is a nice upgrade when you have nothing there now. I recommend this: (I've seen them on Amazon cheaper as well).

T-Box Tesla Model S / X Wireless Charging Organizer Box With Cup Holder
That makes sense. Thank for the recommendation, I’ll be looking into that for sure!