Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing tires on M3dmld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went through the same situation last week. Had a flat in my rear driver side tire (tiny puncture/hole in the inside corner). Put the vehicle on my lift and also discovered the rear passenger side tire had both a screw and a nail in it (but was not leaking). So, I decided to replace both rear tires. I’m at 24K miles on the current tires with about 60% tread life remaining.

The general rule of thumb is, if all your tires are relatively new (still have a lot of tread life left), then you can just replace the one tire that is punctured. If you have around half the tread life left, then it’s a good idea to replace two tires on the same axle/motor, to provide better overall balance. If all your tires have only around 25% tread life left, then you should probably replace all four tires. No hard, fast rule about when to replace one vs two vs all four tires. However, I spoke to my Tesla SC, as well as a few other tire shops, and they all share a similar view to what I described above.

Good luck!!

• Helpful
Reactions: SPACE_EX