Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replika R187 wheels causing issues..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find the lug nut cover puller that came with the Tesla lug nut cover package. Just curious how well it works with the R187 since there seems to be so little clearance between the cover and the wheel. Anyone have any alternatives as to how I can get the covers off without having to buy a new puller?

The Tesla lug nut cover puller does work to get the Tesla lug nut covers off of the R187. It is a tight fight but it works. I would imagine that without that, you can probably use a piece of balled up tape or maybe a small suction cup on the face of them much like taking off the center caps in the videos earlier on in the thread.

In the market for summer wheels and considering these for my Model 3. Is anyone still experiencing issues with these wheels?

I just put them on my M3 and they work fine. Two small points -- ask the guys at the shop to pop out the centre cap before installing so that you can pop in a Tesla one. They're impossible to get out. The balled up roll of tape doesn't work. I had to pull all the wheels off and pop them out from the back.

Also, if your car is the midnight silver metallic the wheels will match your paint colour really closely. I was hoping for some contrast there, and I was a little disappointed by the colour. They are also much more glossy than they appear in photos.

But otherwise, no fit issues at all.

I just put them on my M3 and they work fine. Two small points -- ask the guys at the shop to pop out the centre cap before installing so that you can pop in a Tesla one. They're impossible to get out. The balled up roll of tape doesn't work. I had to pull all the wheels off and pop them out from the back.

Also, if your car is the midnight silver metallic the wheels will match your paint colour really closely. I was hoping for some contrast there, and I was a little disappointed by the colour. They are also much more glossy than they appear in photos.

I used a very thin flat head screw driver to gently pop out the center caps. No marks.

View attachment 355796 View attachment 355795

Note that the centre cap is blank when you order them. The ones I got were for the aero wheel lug covers. Same colour as you can see.

Hi there do you mind my asking where you got those center caps for the Replika 187 gunmetal wheels? The color looks like a perfect match can they be purchased off Amazon or eBay or did you get them from a Tesla service centre?

Hi there do you mind my asking where you got those center caps for the Replika 187 gunmetal wheels? The color looks like a perfect match can they be purchased off Amazon or eBay or did you get them from a Tesla service centre?

Pretty sure these are part of the OEM cap kit (Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit). I got those on my R187's and you can't tell the difference in color... maybe the wheels are slightly glossier than the caps a tiny little bit... but only maybe. And the black lug nut covers included in the kit also look absolutely amazing ;-)

Pictures attached from a few months ago when I got them installed, with and without lug nut covers... and yes, I know, car needed a wash.

Attachments

• Resized_20190330_123244_7686.jpeg
    Resized_20190330_123244_7686.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 464
  • Resized_20190330_123303_8363.jpeg
    Resized_20190330_123303_8363.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 317
  • Resized_20190331_172337_2463.jpeg
    Resized_20190331_172337_2463.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

I'm ready to order a set for winter tires. Just to confirm, the official Tesla Cap works on this R187? Is the colour of this R187 pretty close to OEM Aero rims?