Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report Supercharger Damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is and yes it’s the normal number with a horrible phone tree where no one ever picks up.

I've seen a number of recent Supercharger installs where they don't put the phone number on the pedestals anymore.

Also I talked to a live human within 30 seconds the last time I called tech support (granted it was on a Friday night), and they actually were helpful in solving a problem I was having. Didn't have to do with a Supercharger however.

Maybe I've been living in the mirror universe or something, I dunno.

Bruce.

Tesla could easily automate the whole process of reporting Supercharge problems. First, it would be reported from in the car because obviously you are there trying to charge. It knows the location already. It knows how many stalls there are and could provide a drop-down to select the one with the problem. There could be another drop-down to describe the problem, but no text box; just an "other" selection. Then the easy part is automatically triaging the ones with the most complaints.

I'm still not convinced that Tesla is very good at writing software. Look how long it took them to figure out how to format a USB drive. And we still can't get camera footage on our cell phones. And this new boom box feature? I thought it would make my car into a boom box and let me play music out the external speaker. And maybe allow me to adjust the volume and select songs from the app from outside the car.

And why can't I tell it the speed limit when it is wrong? So frustrating for it to think it is 20 when it is actually 35.

Reactions: plumazul
I would contact roadside assistance. I've only done that once and they called me back to understand the problem I was having and by the time they called, it had been resolved. Don't know if that would work in all cases but worth a try.

Another HUGE oversite on Tesla's part. They want us to use the app for ALL things customer service and then blatantly omit one of the simplest features they could integrate into the app to make our lives easier: report Supercharger issues. You could do it from the app or the car and it would be done instantly. The car already knows where it is and can add all sorts of metadata to assist Tesla in addressing the issue. Just have a place for notes so you can specific which stall(s) and what the issue(s) is and done. But that would be WAY too easy for the manufacturer who's trying to revolutionize how the car ownership process works.... and not for the better by all accounts to this point.
AGREED

I was able to get a live human on the Tesla Chat with these steps in the past:
Tesla SSO - Sign In
"Ask A question" will appear
either: Vehicle & App Features -> Software & Firmware
or: Vehicle Charging -> Supercharging
Do you need more help? YES
Describe your question -> Enter something here
Click on: CHAT WITH US
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but they removed the "Do you need more help" option from the Supercharger prompt (%$#@!). I had to send an email "Home Charging" prompt. I'd love a QR code and/or short URL on each stall. Maybe time for some guerrilla stickers and just do it for them!