Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to report a ghost nonexistent supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were driving East on HWY 58 in Oregon, when suddenly Tesla rerouted us from the Klamath Falls SC, to charge at this (approximate) address: 46441 Stone Ct Westfir, OR

We drove there and it’s just a neighborhood with homes, definitely no SC. What’s the best way to report this to Tesla?

IMG_8932.jpeg

(oops image is blurry- didn’t realize until it was too late)

I don't understand. That is not what it appears that your nav is saying (although maybe you took the picture after you had already started with a new destination programmed in).

You nav says you are navigating to the Creswell (assumed) Supercharger which is still 35 miles away. I.e. this is not the final destination. Maybe this is just how it is directing you to do a u-turn to get back to Creswell?

You nav says you are navigating to the Creswell (assumed) Supercharger which is still 35 miles away.
I concur with @RTPEV. The title of this thread and what you are saying just isn't what is happening, as the picture clearly shows. It's not at all saying there is a Supercharger there at your location. It's still showing that there are 35 more miles to go to get to the Supercharger.

Does the navigation sometimes give stupid glitchy directions? Yeah, sure. I've had several, where it told me to get off at an exit and immediately back on the entrance ramp back onto the high way for no reason. Or sometimes drive along the frontage road for a mile or two until the next entrance back on the highway. Sometimes that is GPS drift or who knows what?

Reactions: vcvc
Does the navigation sometimes give stupid glitchy directions? Yeah, sure. I've had several, where it told me to get off at an exit and immediately back on the entrance ramp back onto the high way for no reason. Or sometimes drive along the frontage road for a mile or two until the next entrance back on the highway. Sometimes that is GPS drift or who knows what?
It's off topic for the current discussion, but there are a few sections of I-95 where the nav will announce it has found a faster route and is directing me to leave the highway. I'm usually suspicious of these re-routes, but during the recent Thanksgiving holiday, stop and go traffic on the highway is common, so I checked both Waze and Google Maps to see if they concurred, and they both did, so I went ahead and took the exit.

It turns out it was just one of those off ramps that serves two (and in this case four, since they were pretty close together) interchanges, so I never really left the highway and just got back on a little further down. Sure enough, it was definitely faster, but it certainly felt like an abuse of the intent of that section of road. So yes, the nav did basically have me exit the highway proper just to get right back on, but it did have its reason for it!

Reactions: vcvc
I concur with @RTPEV. The title of this thread and what you are saying just isn't what is happening, as the picture clearly shows. It's not at all saying there is a Supercharger there at your location. It's still showing that there are 35 more miles to go to get to the Supercharger.

Oh, I see what you pointed out! It was so sudden and strange that it re-routed us to backtrack while heading to a different SC, we were very confused in the moment.