Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Report: Tesla Considers Gigafactory 4 Sites in Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

A German media outlet has reported that Tesla is considering locations in Lower Saxony as potential sites for Gigafactory 4.

Nordwest Zeitung quotes German minister of economics Bernd Althusmann showing enthusiasm for the project and confirming that the ministry had presented “potential locations” to Tesla executives.

“I would be delighted about the company’s commitment and the new jobs it will create in our country,” Althusmann told the outlet.

Tesla is reportedly considering sites in Emden and Emsland.

During the second-quarter earnings call, Chief Executive Elon Musk said the location of the company’s first European Gigafactory will be announced by the end of the year.

Image: Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exceptional news. Everyone has been waiting for the Gigafactory 4 news and here it is. Any guesses on when EuroGig will be up and running? How about 36 months? My TSLA stock is going to be amazing in three to five years, I am buying more soon!
New Model 3 2018-11-04 003 (800x600).jpg

Bye bye to any profits on Tesla's horizon. All Tesla seems to be doing is spending more and more money that it doesn't have. Big surprise, right? rotfl
Profits from GF3 will be pouring in right about the time that GF4 starts construction. So long as GF3 ramps, GF4 construction can go at a similar rate. If sales slow down, you slow down the pace of construction. If sales break records, you accelerate construction. It's not rocket science and is easily adjusted to meet the needs of the company.