Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repurchasing FSD on a Model X from which you already transferred FSD once

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2024 MX recently and was able to transfer FSD and free SuperCharging from my old 2017 MX. I recently got the FSD trial on my 2017 MX and I realized I still miss it a lot especially because its my commute car. So my question to the TMC community is this -- if I purchase FSD again on my 2017 MX, will I be able to transfer it to another car in future should Tesla allow transfers like they did last year and this year? I tried asking Tesla directly and they said the transfer I did was a one time promotion from Tesla however I feel they didn't really get my question. My rationale is if I'm spending $8000 again on FSD I should be able to transfer it to a new car again when such a promotion is made available again?

I bought a 2024 MX recently and was able to transfer FSD and free SuperCharging from my old 2017 MX. I recently got the FSD trial on my 2017 MX and I realized I still miss it a lot especially because its my commute car. So my question to the TMC community is this -- if I purchase FSD again on my 2017 MX, will I be able to transfer it to another car in future should Tesla allow transfers like they did last year and this year? I tried asking Tesla directly and they said the transfer I did was a one time promotion from Tesla however I feel they didn't really get my question. My rationale is if I'm spending $8000 again on FSD I should be able to transfer it to a new car again when such a promotion is made available again?
While Tesla hasn't officially confirmed a future FSD transfer policy, here's what we know based on the current information and community discussions:
  • Previous Transfers: Tesla has offered limited-time FSD transfer promotions in the past, allowing owners to transfer FSD to a new Tesla vehicle under specific conditions.
  • Your Current Situation: You were able to take advantage of a previous transfer promotion, moving FSD from your 2017 Model X to your 2024 Model X.
  • Potential Future Transfers: Tesla has not guaranteed that they will offer FSD transfer promotions again. However,given the previous instances, it's possible they might in the future.
Here's what you can consider:
  • Repurchasing FSD: If you decide to repurchase FSD for your 2017 Model X, it's possible that you might be able to transfer it again if Tesla offers another transfer promotion. However, there's no guarantee.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
if I purchase FSD again on my 2017 MX, will I be able to transfer it to another car in future should Tesla allow transfers like they did last year and this year?
I believe that part of the FSD transfer agreement is that you will never be able to transfer it again from the recipient car (for example from your 2024 MX). I understand that is not what you are asking, but that statement in the agreement raises my expectation that there will be FSD transfers in the future.

I believe that part of the FSD transfer agreement is that you will never be able to transfer it again from the recipient car (for example from your 2024 MX). I understand that is not what you are asking, but that statement in the agreement raises my expectation that there will be FSD transfers in the future.
Yes it only spoke about that transferred FSD not being eligible for future transfer but in this case I'm plan on buying FSD again its no different than buying it for a new car. Again all this is a moot point until Tesla acknowledges such a purchase and/or allows future transfer of FSD :)