Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request help finding the part number for a bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help in finding the Tesla part number for this bolt from 2015 Model S 85DOne of four bolts w/washer screws in the charge port to the car. I have looked at the Tesla parts catalog and some part numbers there are not right. Please help me in identifying this Tesla part number. It has T30 head. I purchased the 1030788-00-A because that is what I thought it was when looking at the parts catalog but that is not correct. That is too small. Thank you in advance.

bolt01.jpg
bolt02.jpg

Why not just get another bolt that's the same thread. Nobody is going to see it and only you will know.
I already did and it has a hex head. The bolt is cheap and just thought it would be better to have all four be the same. I am fine with how it is now but if can find the right part number, should be around $0.69 like the other wrong bolt. I thought I would not need to remove that but the charge door I replaced broke less than a month after replacing it. That part was purchased new directly from Tesla service center. Must have been a manufacturing defect. Thank you.

Attachments

• ChargeDoor.jpg
    ChargeDoor.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 29
Ching38, it's hard to believe that your door broke that easy. My car is 7 years old and never had a problem with it or the Tesla model S I had before it. Are you closing it manually or letting it close itself? I never had to manually close mine.

Ching38, it's hard to believe that your door broke that easy. My car is 7 years old and never had a problem with it or the Tesla model S I had before it. Are you closing it manually or letting it close itself? I never had to manually close mine.
No, I let the car open and close the door. This was just installed on May 13th, 2023 and broke just three weeks later. So this is less than 100 times opening and closing the charge port door. I talked to Tesla Service Center and they said that needs to be calibrated after installation and would not warranty that part. They said without calibration, it would try to open too far and that would be the result. I welcome any feedback regarding that. The original lasted 8 years and still opens and closes, only giving errors because water got into the electronics. I already dried that out and still gives a charge port open error. Thank you in advance.

I already did and it has a hex head. The bolt is cheap and just thought it would be better to have all four be the same. I am fine with how it is now but if can find the right part number, should be around $0.69 like the other wrong bolt. I thought I would not need to remove that but the charge door I replaced broke less than a month after replacing it. That part was purchased new directly from Tesla service center. Must have been a manufacturing defect. Thank you.
Correction. According to Tesla service manual, the charge port door does need to be calibrated using Tesla Toolbox 3 after installation. I am grateful Tesla does have service manuals and we are able to purchase most parts over the counter. Lesson learned. Make sure to review the Service Manuals before attempting your own repairs.

Now on to my next inquiry, does any member here have access to Tesla Toolbox 3 and be willing to help me calibrate the Charge port door? I already purchased a new part but will hold off till I can find someone or some shop that can do the calibration. Or pay Tesla the $162 to install that or get a day subscription at $165 for the Toolbox 3. I am in Chino Hills, CA area. Thank you.

Correction. According to Tesla service manual, the charge port door does need to be calibrated using Tesla Toolbox 3 after installation. I am grateful Tesla does have service manuals and we are able to purchase most parts over the counter. Lesson learned. Make sure to review the Service Manuals before attempting your own repairs.

Now on to my next inquiry, does any member here have access to Tesla Toolbox 3 and be willing to help me calibrate the Charge port door? I already purchased a new part but will hold off till I can find someone or some shop that can do the calibration. Or pay Tesla the $162 to install that or get a day subscription at $165 for the Toolbox 3. I am in Chino Hills, CA area. Thank you.

Why not pay Tesla to install it? Cheaper than the TB3 subscription, AND the responsibility is on them to do it right in that case.

Maybe even see what they charge for part+install -- it might work out cheaper to just return the one you bought, and let them handle the entire thing soup-to-nuts.

Just a thought!

Why not pay Tesla to install it? Cheaper than the TB3 subscription, AND the responsibility is on them to do it right in that case.

Maybe even see what they charge for part+install -- it might work out cheaper to just return the one you bought, and let them handle the entire thing soup-to-nuts.

Just a thought!
Yes, thank you. That may be what I end up doing if I cannot find someone with a Tesla Toolbox subscription. I might try authorized Tesla-approved body shops. I would think they should have such a tool. The question would be if they would be willing to do the calibration. I was just interested in what other goodies there are in the Toolbox and it also comes with Standalone HV Battery Shipping Evaluation Tool (Model S, 3, X, Y). I was just going to try that for fun. :)

Reactions: dmurphy