Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting mobile service query

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
When using the app to request mobile service (software issue) it asks for a description of the issue and then you have to input your address for the mobile service. For some reason the app will not accept any address that I put in. We don't have a conventional street address (we're in a country area), just a house name and the postal address (as per the address that is registered on our Tesla account). I just can't get my address accepted and therefore the "next" button remains greyed out.

I don't really want any mobile service as I just decided it would be a way of highlighting that I am still having issues with spurious "steering correction" alarms and I'm hoping that might prompt someone to bring forward our next software update (currently on 2020.8.1). Unfortunately my issue is not being sent through the system because I can't get past the address issue. There may be a time in the future when it would be more important that I make contact and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues.

Do you know of an address near you that might be accepted? If so use that address and then enter your address in the notes later.

We don't live in a town or even a village as such. Any other local address looks like it has the same issue. Should I just put in any old address in a town that's miles away? I don't want to unintentionally mess up my account details!

There are a few threads about this problem (this one, for example), the app is pretty particular on the format it's expecting the address to be entered before even getting to handling middle-of-nowhere addresses with no house numbers or streets. Wish they'd add a "here" button that would just grab the address from the phone (or car, even) GPS location.

Would be awesome if it could integrate with what3words | Addressing the world for mobile service after the hoops I had to go through to get that booked to my work address rather than at home (where there's no room for them to do their work), not looking forward to re-booking that after the CoViD-19 lockdown...

Last edited:
>>This is an important one to get sorted as I'm waiting on your thoughts of any improvements to the over zealous steering corrections<<

I got .3 last night - and the first corner the MS was faced with it didn't even START the turn! Had to disengage ....

>>This is an important one to get sorted as I'm waiting on your thoughts of any improvements to the over zealous steering corrections<<

I got .3 last night - and the first corner the MS was faced with it didn't even START the turn! Had to disengage ....

This is steering corrections and warnings when no autopilot or TACC - just normal driving when the car has a fit when taking normal driving lines.

Last edited:
Well, I decided to book the mobile service but because it wouldn't accept my address I just used the service centre address. The booking was accepted and I have been given the 16th April. I am expecting a further communication over the next few days saying that my issue is software related and will be resolved by a an OTA update or whatever. Given that other people reported spurious loud alarms and "steering correction applied for your safety" flashed on screen after the update to 2020.8.1 I am hoping that 8.3 or above will resolve it.

We don't live in a town or even a village as such. Any other local address looks like it has the same issue. Should I just put in any old address in a town that's miles away? I don't want to unintentionally mess up my account details!

Just put any street in the nearest town - the Mobile Tech will be in touch and confirm exact location for the day.

Agree the App is woeful for address entry like how hard would Home/Work/Current location be?
Equally the time scheduling is even worse than a wet finger to the wind.
Pick your day and agree any time then confirm time when Mobile Tech makes contact.

Just put any street in the nearest town - the Mobile Tech will be in touch and confirm exact location for the day.

Agree the App is woeful for address entry like how hard would Home/Work/Current location be?
Equally the time scheduling is even worse than a wet finger to the wind.
Pick your day and agree any time then confirm time when Mobile Tech makes contact.
Just to echo the above. My address won't be accepted by the app, sounds like a similar issue to you @Adopado in that we don't have a house number. It accepted the nearest named street so I added my proper address in the notes about the car issue. This appears to have worked fine as I had a text message from my local mobile technician and he's visiting this week. The main thing is to find a street roughly in your area so that the correct service centre deals with the request and in particular if it needs a visit they can identify the correct mobile technician to pass it on to.

Timeline for my request:
1. Request appointment via app. Can't input my address, chose nearby street. Felt lucky this worked otherwise I'd be unable to make an appointment. Subsequently added my address in notes.
2. Got an estimate to sign from service centre which seems to include an airbag recall that was done last summer as well as the issue I'm asking about (12V battery needs servicing).
3. Got a text from the local mobile technician who didn't know an estimate had been sent, and seems to have his own calendar so isn't constrained by the app appointment slot. At last, a human so we can make sensible arrangements (via SMS)! He didn't know an estimate had already been sent, and luckily he did my airbag recall so will be able to see if it's a new one or already done.
4. Hopefully I'll get a visit this week.

If I didn't read forums/user groups the inability to specify an address (worse still, my home address which Tesla have on file) would be an unnecessary headache given how difficult it is to speak to anyone on the phone.

Just to echo the above. My address won't be accepted by the app, sounds like a similar issue to you @Adopado in that we don't have a house number.

I have the outcome that I had hoped for ... probably not a coincidence that 2020.8.3 is currently installing! I had used the service centre as the mobile location. I had received a request for more info by text and with an email address included too so I was able to send more info... including the fact that my address wasn't accepted for the mobile service. I hope that 2020.8.3 proves to be the solution but the lack of driving might make it while before I know!

When I replied to the Tesla text I got an MMS failure message on my phone, also saying my service isn't active for MMS but my reply only included text ... fortunately they had included an email address for sending in any video (which, stupidly, I hadn't collected so didn't have anything to send).

Reactions: cezdoc
Did yours actually make any steering corrections? Mine claimed it had but I wasn't aware of anything.

I've had one steering correction in the past some version pre 2020.x - I think I felt the car move, but it happens so fast, I can't be sure. But we have only recently just gone to 2020.8.x(3) and its not my car, so I'm more concerned with it happening to swmbo which, had she not be wfh atm, would be regularly driving on roads where you probably wouldn't want it to suddenly squeal - close to where my correction occurred.

So trying to manage expectations without worrying her of the experiences of @Marc Roberts I should have posted this earlier, please be wary of Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may occur. Its bad enough with me nagging her occasionally let alone the car and its false positives and the consequences when on windy narrow lanes and numerous oncoming cars.

So trying to manage expectations without worrying her of the experiences of @Marc Roberts I should have posted this earlier, please be wary of Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may occur. Its bad enough with me nagging her occasionally let alone the car and its false positives and the consequences when on windy narrow lanes and numerous oncoming cars.

At least in that instance there was something going on that the car was reacting to ... even though it wasn't reacting as you would want it to do. In my case the "steering correction" alarm was not related to any discernible issue. No traffic, no problem on the road, relaxed driving ... then WHA!! "Steering Correction Applied for your safety" ... completely out of the blue. There was no reason and there was also no physical steering applied by the car ... our trajectory never changed. My fingers are crossed that this has been resolved with the software update.

At least in that instance there was something going on that the car was reacting to ... even though it wasn't reacting as you would want it to do. In my case the "steering correction" alarm was not related to any discernible issue. No traffic, no problem on the road, relaxed driving ... then WHA!! "Steering Correction Applied for your safety" ... completely out of the blue. There was no reason and there was also no physical steering applied by the car ... our trajectory never changed. My fingers are crossed that this has been resolved with the software update.
This has been happening to me without reason on country roads as of 2020.8.2, I just wish we could turn it off and it stay off in the UK, like the US folks can.